Unable to do much of anything since the upgrade to 5.2.2

Hi,

I am unable to do much of anything since the upgrade. I don’t edit my site much and haven’t since the last release, and it was fine. But I went in to make some edits today and I get the persistent spinning icon in the lower right corner.

When I can get further and make some simple text changes, I click “Save” but it hangs. I let it go for 15 minutes and it never did save.

I’m noticing all my sections say “Classic Section”. Do I need to convert somehow? When I click on them they turn gray and stay that way.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello @sfharman,

Thanks for writing in and we are sorry to hear that you seem to be having some issues. If you have not done so, it is likely that this could all be due to a caching issue. As is recommended in our Knowledge Base, we have a procedure we ask all users to follow when updating to ensure that no caching conflicts arise, as this typically accounts for the vast majority of “problems” that come up after an update:

If after following all those steps you find that you still are having issues, don’t hesitate to provide us with your URL to your website along with your login credentials so we can take a closer look at things. Make sure to provide them using the “Secure Note” button so that your credentials are hidden from public view.

Regarding the “Classic Sections,” you do not need to convert these, they are still there for backwards compatibility. v2 Sections have some new features that allow you to achieve some different effects, but it is not necessary to update anything you’ve previously created, the two types of Sections can work alongside one another.

Cheers!