Unable to disable footer or breadcrumbms

Hi,
I have been in to theme settings and clicked to turn off breadcrumbs and Footer but still they appear… when I go back in to the settings they are all turned on again… please help.

domain is upvcsuppliesdirect.co.uk

Thanks
Tony

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi @tonylees,

I can confirm the issue on my end, but there is no error, it’s not saving at all. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? Maybe I could find something from the error logs.

Thanks!

Hi @tonylees,

Can’t connect to your FTP (both FTP and SFTP), is there any special procedures connecting to your FTP server? And please provide the admin login credentials, it’s replaced and it’s required for further testing as I need to re-trigger the issue why logging the errors.

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for posting the credentials. I was able to logged in and I can confirmed that this is a bug in the theme. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.2.0
  • Cornerstone 3.2.0

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there

Thanks for the update, it nearly worked!!
The footer has now been disabled :slight_smile: but the breadcrumbs still will not turn off

Thanks
Tony

1 Like

Hi Tony,

I could not find why this is happening on your installation I checked my installation and it is not showing that way, At the time being the only suggestion that I can give is that you add the CSS code below to X > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-breadcrumb-wrap {
    display: none !important;
}

Thank you.

Thats fixed it

Thanks for your help

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

I had the same issue. Inserting the CSS code fixed it. I do not have any extra plugins. Just installed the theme.

Good to know that the CSS did the trick for you.

I have also been experiencing this issue. I do have some plugins: PageSpeed Ninja, Ninja Forms, Cornerstone, Content Dock, Updraft Plus, The SEO Framework, and The SEO Framework - Extension Manager.

The css code you provided was certainly a quick fix though.

What happens (and still even with that CSS put in), is that I can go and turn off the breadcrumb switch, save, but nothing changed as far as the breadcrumbs onscreen (even though switch was flipped)… then when I reload, the breadcrumbs switch is ON again. Anyway, thank you for that bit of code!

Hi Jonacello,

Sorry that you’re having this issue, we can confirm that this is a bug and has already reported on our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

For now please use the quick fix provided above. You can check our changelog page to monitor if an official fix is released for this bug.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.