Unable to disable Breadcrumbs

I went into theme options -> header -> disabled breadcrumbs using the toggle. but the breadcrubms automatically enable themselves. I want to disable breadcrumbs on all the pages. Not sure why the breadcrumbs turn automatically on after reload

1 Like

Hi @harish,

Thanks for writing in.

Check your setup if it is updated to the latest version:

Version guide:

If updated and still not working, please share us your admin credentials so we could check your setup closer.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

Thanks.

I am facing the same issue, I just downloaded latest X-Pro (latest version ) coming back to it after 1 year and it is currently driving me nuts. Any help will be appreciated. I have a client chasing me for work. I recommended him XPro over his favourite theme and took considerable amount to persuasion. Please help me out here!

Hey @Alarbash,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with Pro. There are known bugs but mostly, the cause of the issues are outside the theme’s control. Following the best practices in updating themes and plugins will help avoid most of the issues.

Are you using the Classic Header? If so, go to Pro > Theme Options > Header > Miscellaneous and check if you’ve enabled the Breadcrumbs in there.

If you’re using the Header Builder, inspect all your bars to see if you have a Breadcrumbs element.

If that does not help, please open a separate thread and give us WP admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup.

Thanks.

The theme is recently installed and seems to have the latest version. We are moving stuff from staging area to the main domain where we faced this issue. I kept updating the breadcrumbs in the header but it keeps turning on.
we need to launch the site today if this issue is fixed. Please help

Hey Harish,

Thanks for sharing the details. :slight_smile:

On my end I turned off breadcrumbs from X > Theme Options > Header > Miscellaneous. After that I reloaded bth front and back end of the website and I don’t see breadcrumbs now. On backend I don’t see it turning on automatically. Please see following video screencast. https://cloudup.com/cp3o2Q3Jdt5

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back. I would have turned the option under miscellaneous off a million times. :frowning: … How can I override this using CSS? can you please advise?

I would appreciate your help.

HI @Alarbash,

If you want to get rid of the breadcrumbs using CSS, you can use:

.x-breadcrumb-wrap {
    display: none;
} 

If you are still not able to get the breadcrumbs disable from the Theme Options, kindly double check if you have both X and Cornerstone updated to the latest version and clear your cache then check again.

If the issue persists, please post a new thread so that we could assist you.

Thank you.

Hi Prasant,

Only the home page looks okay. The breadcrumbs are still ON in all other pages. Please help me out. We have nearing out deadline in a few hours.

I disabled the breadcrumbs using the css Jade provided FOR NOW, but I don’t want to do that because it might confuse other designers who are working with me later after a year.

Still doesn’t work. Sorry. :frowning:

@harish

I removed the css code then turn off breadcrumbs and it seems to be working fine.

No breadcrumbs

Try to clear your browser cache and check again.

@Alarbash

Can you provide us your site url so we can take a closer look.

We have also have just released new version X 6.1.4, Cornerstone 3.1.4

Please update your theme and Cornerstone and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks

Same here, I turn off breadcrumbs and they keep coming back.

Hi @Hoppy,

I checked your site and I don’t see any breadcrumbs, if it’s a different site then please provide the URL.

Or start a new thread about this issue and provide the login credentials in the secure note.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad, you cannot see it, because I disabled it in css. But believe me, if I turn it off in Theme Options, next time the button is there explicitly “on”.

Hello @hoppy,

I request you to please create a new ticket and share the details in that. Posting on a ticket created by a different user creates a lot of confusions and slows down the response time. Please take a look at following docs to see how we provide support.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.