Unable to change margin and 'leave a comment under each blog post on blog page

Hi team, 2 issues. I haven’t launched my blog yet.

1. Cornerstone is not allowing me to move the upper margin of my blog posts under the header bar. In fact, it’s giving me no options to edit the page. I’ve set my blog page to show as the ‘Posts’ page on Settings-Reading-Homepage display-static page.
  2. How can I remove ‘Leave a comment’ and the dots under my blog posts please?
    Here’s a screenshot with the issues:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffn96gs6emmrvxi/Screen%20Shot%202017-11-29%20at%208.16.53%20PM.png?dl=0

Hi There,

Please provide your URL so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Hi my website hasn’t launched and I don’t know how to give you access from the back end. Any other option?

Thanks
Ramona

Hi Ramona,

Please try this code in the customn CSS:

.blog .masthead {
    position: relative;
}

.blog .excerpt,
.p-meta span:nth-child(3):after,
.p-meta span:nth-child(4){
    display: none;
}

Hope this helps.

Hi team

The upper margin of the posts is still not moving down.

The comment and dots are gone thanks.

Thanks
Ramona

Hi Ramona,

Do you have a fixed top header?
Try going to X > Launch > Theme Options > Header : NAVBAR TOP HEIGHT (PX). Increase current value until the content is not hidden behind the menu. If this is not the case, please share site URL so we can check your setup. Share it inside a secure so it is not visible publicly.

Hi team

Yes I have a fixed top header which seems to work fine on all the other pages except this Blog page. When I changed to ‘static top’, the margin moved down as I wanted. How can I keep the ‘fixed top header’ without affecting the margin of my Blog page?
Also, I tried increasing the navbar top height but it goes to about 150px before the margin moves down.
thanks
ramona

Hi Ramona,

Are you working on that site below? It is in Maintenance mode, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look at the issue.

Thanks,

Hi team, yes it hasn’t been launched yet. I’m trying to create a new user (as a subscriber) to give you access but I need to provide an email address for the login details to go to you.

Hi Ramona,

You may place any temporary email and you can provide us the admin access in a secure note so that we can check it.

Thank you.

I’ve tried doing this several times but it doesn’t work.
I have another issue that was resolved previously but has come back. If I hover over my recent blog posts on the home page, it turns orange and theres a link sign. I need to remove both and just leave the post the same when I hover. I tried this code and it doesn’t work anymore:
a.entry-thumb:hover:before {
opacity: 0;
}

a.entry-thumb:hover img {
opacity: 1;
}

How can I resolve this please?
Thanks
Ramona

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there is no way for us to check it yet so I can’t provide any recommendation. Please provide a URL and login credentials, you may use any dummy email and just provide a username and password.

Thanks!

Hi team, the site is now live. I’ve posted the link in a secure note. The issues I’m facing are:

• Orange colour and link symbol over "recent posts’ on home page during hover. I need to remove this
  • Related post images are not showing full, they are cropped.
  • On my blog page the posts are not aligned even though they are all the same sized featured image

Thanks so much
Ramona

Hi Ramona,

Please note that the things you have mentioned is the default behavior/styling for the theme and the support we provide would deal with the things about the theme that are supposed to be working but are not and some questions about the theme setup. Other than that, it would fall into customization that goes beyond the scope of our support. You might need to consult with a developer if you are not comfortable in making changes to the site.

With that said to get you started, please see the comments below:

You can try this CSS:

.x-recent-posts a:hover .has-post-thumbnail .x-recent-posts-img:after,
.x-recent-posts a:hover .has-post-thumbnail .x-recent-posts-img:before  {
    display: none;
}

The related posts are generate by a third party plugin which is Jetpack. You might need to check some settings under the plugin settings for this.

This is also a result of Jetpack cropping the images resulting it to be misaligned. Kindly check your Jetpack settings for this.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hey thanks!! The orange hover is gone! However, when I contacted jetpack about the ‘Related blog post’ images being cropped and the ‘blog page posts’ not aligned, they asked me to contact X-theme :-/

Hi there,

Would you mind clarifying where is the Related blog posts? Maybe they just checked the home page where recent blog posts are present?

Thanks!

I’ve contacted them again.

I still have 2 other issues that I’m being referred to back and forth between Xtheme and Jetpack with no resolution:

-The 1st image of my ‘Blog page’ being cropped and thereby misaligning the entire page. All featured images are the same size.

• The ‘Recent Blog posts’ images on my Home page when viewed on a phone are stretched and being cropped on the sides.

Is there anyway your team can connect with Jetpack as I’m being bounced back and forth for days.

Thanks so much,

Ramona

Hi there,

I am sorry but the generated code does not have anything to do with our theme. You can test that by changing our theme. change the theme of the website temporarily from X to the default WordPress theme and see the result.

If you still see them cropped then there is no way our theme was the cause of the cropping.

Kindly consider that we encourage that you open up separate threads for each case. For example, this thread was about the margin and not the related products originally. If you have additional questions kindly open up a separate thread so that we can focus on the matter better and also it will give our other customers a chance to be able to get the information as they might have the same issue.

For more information on how to use the support forum kindly read this article:

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.