Unable to add pages to header

Hi,

Suddenly I am unable to search and add pages to specific headers. This seems to have stopped working after Pro update. Please help. See screenshot.

Hi @wowflak,

There’s a lot of license on your account. I did check the site attached to you latest license and I don’t see any JS error. Is that the site with issue? Please confirm.

It is always a good idea to do a basic troubleshooting. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case it is not cause by any of your plugin, we might need to see the issue directly. Please share site URL and credentials inside a secure note.

Hi,
Sorry, I forgot to mention the site. It is for concord.com. I did troubleshoot and it seems to be a plugin conflict, although I am not sure which one. I deactivated all except the Pro theme and was able to make the change. I will include a secure note with login in case you are interested in taking a look.
thanks
Chris

Hello @wowflak,

Thanks for updating in! I can see that you have several plugins and they are active. The conflict could be from the Jobs manager or the events plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

You’ll have to do the test because the site is live. It is much better that you choose the time when you do the test at you most convenient time as you may have users access the site.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi,

The plugin causing the conflict is Toolset Types. This is a problem for me as I use Toolset with Pro on just about every site I design. Can you please look into why this is happening? It seems to have started with last Pro update.

To recap, in the Headers section of Pro I am unable to select any “Page” to associate with the header. I see the other Post Types but no Pages. When I disable Toolset Types the Pages show again.

Hello @wowflak,

To prevent the builder from slowing down or causing server issues, we have limit the display of the post type items up to 1000 items only. Though you do not have any pots items, you have 307 pages, 724 Artists, 5415 Albums, 500 News items and a lot more. Too much number of items were the cause why the pages do not show up in the Pro > Headers section.

I would recommend that you create a custom header that you can assign globally. If you need to display a custom header an in particular page/s, you will have to temporarily deactivate your Tools Types plugin before going to Pro > Headers and assign the header to the page.

Hope this helps.

So this is something new with the update? Never has this issue before. It also just seems limited to pages. No page will show up at all. Posts are fine.

Hi @wowflak,

It’s been like that even on older versions, it shouldn’t be caused by the update (Performance issue). In fact, the limit is there to improve performance.

Thanks!

Okay, then I guess I do not understand why I can no longer search for a page in the header builder? No issues until this last update.

Hi @wowflak,

It might not have reached the max items to the assignment screen before. You can follow Ruenel’s suggestion above to deactivate Toolset Types (less posts) if you need to set a header to certain pages.

You could also disable certain post types from the assignment screen, by following this method provided here and here.

Rest assured that this has been on our “usability” improvement tracker, and our Dev Team are aware of this issue.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.