Unability to edit the page with Cornerstone

As the title says, I’m not able to edit a certain page made with Cornerstone. I suppose it’s too full because it also used to slow down the whole website, but this is just a supposition. Whenever I try to edit the page with the Cornerstone builder, it stays stuck on the loading page and doesn’t show up any element, when I edit manually the content with the text instead, everything saves regurarly. It may also be a plugin conflict, but I’m not able to tell which one is the problem, I have several plugins and I need all of them in order for my website to work and look properly.

I hope that someone out there will give me an hint on how to proceed. Thank you for the attention!

Hi there,

Please provide your site link with admin login information is a secured note.

In addition, you can check those following steps:

1. Make sure you’re using latest theme
  2. Your server is running php 5.6+ or 7.0+
  3. Deactivate the plugins to find out plugin conflicts.

Thanks.

Hi there,

You forgot to add the site link in your secured note. Please add the site link.

Thanks!

I just provided the informations, the only thing I can’t do / can’t let you do is deactivating the plugins, unless you can do the whole procedure in less than 30 minutes. I’m sorry but I totally forgot to provide the link, it’s an ecommerce website and that’s the reason why I can’t let it down for a moment. Thanks for checking this out!

Hi There,

Upon checking, I see that you have about 53 active plugins. Since you have high number of plugins, you can try increasing your WordPress memory limit.

Try something higher than 512M and test your site (https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP).

As you have concerned, we also do not recommend to do testing on a live site. Instead you can create a staging server and then test your issues there. You can follow this guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126).

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. I increased the memory limit through php.ini and wp-config with no success, the problem persists.

I just noticed that if I lunch Cornerstone from the admin bar it opens the initial menu (Options/templates/content) and then it keeps loading just like the homepage. I will be switching from Cornerstone to another solution as it seems there is nothing to do without removing plugins, as I said that is something I can not do because I depend on all of them.

I’ll be waiting for your reply, thanks.

Hi there,

It’s because of your Humming Birds minification, plus, it hosts the minified files in CloudFront. I deactivate its minification and added *cornerstone* in Page caching’s Exclusions setting.

You may now use cornerstone builder.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the help, I didn’t figure it out and you’ve been so helpful. Everything works smoothly now, thank you again!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.