UhOh Content failed to save

Hey Guys

I have the same problem again on my landingpage. Don’t know what to do because the last time you couldn’t tell me the reason for the error. Could you please help me out again?
I already checked the common possibilities which could be the reason for the error (you sent me a list last time) but i cant fix the problem.

Thanks!!

Best regards
ivan

Hi There,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. Could you please provide us with your WordPress credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to look into your issue.

Thanks!

Hi

i sent the secure note. thanks for having a look!

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!

The message can be caused by the following:

Incorrect setup of SSL. If you have an SSL certificate on your site. You should have the WordPress Site URL and Address URL settings set to HTTPS if you are loading the builder via HTTPS. This can be checked via your wp-admin > general > settings. If you aren’t using SSL you can ignore this step.

Caching. If you have a caching plugin activated or any form of server side caching please disable it to test for any possible conflicts. If you have server side caching or aren’t sure if you do, your host should be able to advise of this and disable it for testing purposes on your account.

Cloudflare. If you are using Cloudflare please disable this for testing purposes. Cloudflare by default enables an auto minfication function to compress the JS and CSS files of the theme. As the theme already serves minified files, re-minifying said files only causes to break the entire site.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.
Thanks!

Hi
Checked the SSL setup. In my opinion everything is set correct there.
Caching isn’t the problem as far as i checked.
I don’t use cloudflare and have not found any code syntax errors…

i would appreciate if you could have a closer look! :slight_smile:

thanks!!

Hi There,

I have tried to connect to your web FTP. Since it is not in English, I was not able to edit wp-config.php file.

Could you please try following this guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935), increase your memory limit and see if that resolves your issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Doesn’t work…

Last time this issue came up your workmate (Joao) “solved” the problem…
he wrote me the following:
"I could replicate the issue but could not find what was causing it.
On the other hand to solve it, I have saved your content as Cornerstone template, added to a new page, selected the new page as your front page, and saved your old front page as a draft.
You can now edit your home page normally.
Hope it helps!"

Could you please try to do this? I don’t see another way…do you?

Best regards
ivan

Hey @ivanhachen,

There seems to be a problem with accessing your server. Please check.

While we’re also troubleshooting, would you mind turning off all third party plugins? Or, permit us to do so because we need to be clear of plugin conflict.

Thanks.

it works. it was a plugin-conflict i think…
but don’t know which plugin caused the problem

anyway…thank you!!

best regards

hey…its very annoying it doesn’t work again.

as it worked for the last 2 hours i think its not a plugin conflict. (i didn’t turn on the other plugins again).

could you please have a look?:slight_smile:

thanks.
best regards

Hi @ivanhachen

I’ve checked your website and I can see the builder is working fine on the homepage:

This issue could be related to the browser you are using, try to clear browser cache, try using different browser, I recommend Chrome incognito mode for testing.

Thanks.

tried in the chrome incognito mode…but couldn’t save the changes…see printscreen below

the last thing i changed before the error occured was adding alt-text to the pictures. i did this in wp->media

afterwards i deleted the alt-texts again and tried to save the landingPage but that didn’t work.
could there be a problem?

best regards

Hi @ivanhachen

Whenever me and one of my colleagues try to reload your site we got intermittent connection refuse error message in Chrome, something like:

This site can’t be reached
teachy.ch took too long to respond.

This might be due to a firewall or security rules set on your server by your hosting provider, as if I reloaded your site from another IP address or using a VPN connection, it loads fine. If you know such a firewall exists then please turn it off, otherwise, you can report this issue to your hosting provider so we can continue investigating this issue.

We have seen similar issues like that, where the firewall was set to block connections per IP with a very narrow limit, that prevented the builder from working properly, so this might be the case here as well.

Thanks.