Uh oh - Content failed to save

Hi,

I am having an issue with the editor that began just an hour ago (after updating to 2.1.3). When editing a specific post on my site I get an error message everytime I try to save changes. So at the moment I can’t go on with that post.

All other posts can be saved just fine. I have tried to undo some of my recent changes to that specific post and deactivated various plugins but without any luck. I have followed the steps in this thread without any luch either: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/uh-oh-content-failed-to-save-why/33241

I will post login info for you to check it out.

Hi @Onlime ,

Thanks for reaching out.

It’s due to memory limit, it’s trying to allocate but 186MB isn’t enough. For the meantime, please add this to your site’s wp-config.php just under the WP_DEBUG line.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

And if’s a managed hosting or shared hosting, you may want to contact your hosting provider first (for memory limit increase).

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thank you for your response. I had the memory increased to 512MB but the problem still persists. It started just around when I created the buttons in the section called ‘INDHOLD’, I remember. There have not been any changes in the plugins since the creation of the staging area - and until today I have been able to work without problems.

Do you have another idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

In the console I see the error:

Error: consent.cookiebot.com/d32035da-9c21-40af-917c-bfc28272b7da/cc.js?renew=false&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fonlime.staging.wpengine.com&dnt=false&forceshow=false&cbid=d32035da-9c21-40af-917c-bfc28272b7da&whitelabel=false&brandid=Cookiebot:1 Error: ONLIME.STAGING.WPENGINE.COM is not a valid domain. Please add it to the cookie consent manager to authorize the domain.

I do not have a cookie plugin atm…

Hello There,

I logged in and edited the mentioned page. I added a section and hidden it in plain sight. I was able to save my changes as shown here:

The cookie error could be coming from any of your active plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel,

I can see the section that you have created. I am also able to do 1 change (only 1) - the next time I try to save, I get the error message. Do you see the same red loading-box in the right buttom of your page? Please see attached image.

This red box is present everytime I log in and in all the browsers, I have tested.

I have now deactivated all plugins on the installation - The error is still present.

UPDATE: I have been able to solve the problem. I removed the three buttons in the section ‘Indhold’ and after that change the editor has been able to save… Wierd. After adding the three buttons again the error turned up again now with this error in the console:

Cornerstone detected PHP Errors while generating an AJAX response. Logging errors…
errorBubbling @ cs.js?ver=3.1.3:1646

Hey @Onlime

Thanks for the hint. I also see the error but the page is saving successfully even the red loading icon is present. You still could edit the page and save. See https://youtu.be/jXvAttf0JxU. Would you mind providing more details about those buttons? Also provide screenshots of the specific buttons.

Thanks.

Hello,

I also see the red button when

Section Bottom Separator set ON on V2.0.

THANKS.

Hi @jo3,

It was known the issue, the spinning/loading red icon appears when the bottom separator is active. But it’s already fixed, I tried it on my installation and it’s not an issue anymore. Then I tried your page and there is no spinning icon when the bottom separator is active.

Perhaps your browser is still loading the files from an older version? Does this happen on the different machine too?

The previous issue was caused by memory limit, and changing it fixed it as I don’t see it from the error anymore. And I’m able to change and save content now without spinning icons.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.