Uh oh Content failed to save on random pages

Hello!

Having an issue saving changes in Pro Cornerstone. I noticed some errors with apostrophes( ’ ) in html text being replaced with question mark.

So when I go to edit the issue, it is not present in the editor. I also can’t save any changes.

It doesn’t appear to be happening on every page. Cleared cache, ran all updates, issue is still present. Any thoughts?

Hi there,

Please kindly add the text from scratch and use the HTML escape characters to add the apostrophe. For more information:

http://www.theukwebdesigncompany.com/articles/entity-escape-characters.php

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello!

I just added a secure note with login creds. I was able to add the text for the apostrophe but I was still unable to save the change. The error continues to show up.

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I did some testing and I’m seeing couple of JavaScript errors while editing the page in Cornerstone. Please check for the following:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

4. Deactivate the Child Theme and switch to Parent Theme.

5. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how this goes!.

I did all of the above - issue still exists. I set it up on a cloned server for testing.

Seems there is an issue with the theme itself since that is the only thing running on the clone. I will provide creds in a new secure note.

Hello There,

I have logged in and I was able to check your text. Did you just copied the text from Word or other program? Please follow Christopher’s suggestion. After you copied the text over, please paste it first in a Notepad or other text editor. From there, you can copy again and then paste it in the Content Editor.

I also noticed that you were inserting invalid html codes. Always make sure that you are inserting the correct and valid html code to avoid any further issues such as messed up page or broken layouts.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, I am unable to save any changes made. I go in and make the changes suggested but it will still not save. Please advise.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have investigated the issue why it is not saving. It turn out that the database refuses to save the data.

Please contact your hosting provider and ask theme to ensure that your database allows you to save anything.

That’s all the ammo I need to help get this addressed. Thank you for the pic.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.