Uh Oh! Content failed to save! 20180304

Dear support,

There is a cornerstone page that I can’t save. It shows ‘Uh Oh! Content failed to save!’ when I click the save button. I can save other pages without problem. Can you check this page for me to see any problem?

I put the admin login in secure section.

Cheers,
Ken

Hi,

There is an element that is causing it not to save.

You can try recreating your homepage in a new page, adding your content bits by bits and checking each time.

That way you will be ablw to narrow down what is causing the issue.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Paul.

I just tried to duplicate the page and I can save the duplicated one. However, since it links with another language with WPML i don’t want to switch it.

Since I can save the new duplicated page I can’t follow you suggestion. Do you have other suggestion?

Cheers,
Ken

Hi Ken,

I can see this error when I checked frontpage on Cornerstone:

jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4 POST https://www.zerofinance.hk/zh/cornerstone-endpoint 500 (Internal Server Error)

On the frontend, loading the page, shows this error too:

(index):3344 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
    at calculate ((index):3344)
    at (index):3340

That specific error is pointing to this part of JS code:

calculate();
		  	jQuery('#am1').val(numberWithCommas('5000'));

function calculate(){
	        var p=jQuery('#am1').val().replace(/,/g, '');
	        var mon=jQuery('#mon1').val().replace(/,/g, '');
	        var r=jQuery('#interest').val();
	        var r=r/1200;
	        var pr=p*r;
	        var x=(1+r);
	        x=Math.pow(x, mon);
	        var emi=pr*(x/(x-1));
	        emi=Math.round(emi);
	        jQuery('#pay').val("$ "+numberWithCommas(emi));
	        //console.log(numberWithCommas(emi));
	      }

Please try to remove that code and try again. Let’s fixed JS error first.

Thanks Lely.

Removed and the same. As I mentioned that if I duplicated another page the duplicated page can be saved.

Is there any other thing I can try?

Cheers,
Ken

Hello Ken,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.

3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Let us know how it goes!

I have followed the instructions and even removed all content inside cornerstone but still can’t save the page. Any other things can do?

Hi there,

It seems that there is a problem you are experiencing with the WPML plugin. If you are using the Translation Manager then we have a bug using the V2 elements when used with the Translation Manager.

So please do not use that. Also in some cases, the page resets if you want to edit the original language page which we already reported as a bug in our issue tracker.

Also, please make sure that you set up the WPML correctly:

Finally, I suggest that you recreate your page from scratch and do the translation following the steps mentioned in the link above.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.