Ubermenu Error 500

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me?

I have been using the Ubergrid Menu, and have been setting up a menu in ‘Appearance - Menu’ as instructed.
I created a rather large menu, then my back end kind of crashed. Since then, if I try to access ‘Appearance - Menu’ - I get an error 500 in the backend. I have tried to disable all plugins one by one, and nothing is changing. I have also changed the php.ini to

post.max_vars = 5000
request.max_vars = 5000

I have also changed the wp config file to

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

I have even tried disabling UberMenu plugin.

Nothing is working!

Please let me know if you can offer any advice.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
I can see you are still using an older version of the theme.
Please check following points for a possible fix. Also you can delete the plugin through FTP and reinstall it.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!
1 Like

Hi there,

I have asked a professional to look into this and he has said the following

Deactivating your theme fixes the issue which leaves us with 2 possibilities…

a) It is the theme that is tipping you over the ~140M of memory that’s being allocated.

b) You have a full 512M on the account but something in the execution flow of a theme function is limiting this on the fly to 140M.

Perhaps you could also try contacting the theme support to ask if this is something they’re aware of.

Hi Jayd,

Can you please do the same test by keeping the X/Pro theme active along with Cornerstone plugin and Ubermenu plugins active. If you have an active child theme, also switch to your parent X/Pro theme temporarily.

Also I see that you’re getting PHP errors on your site, so I would suggest you to check the PHP version running on your server and make sure to use PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues.

Further I noticed that you’re not using the latest version of Pro theme on your site. You can see the latest version and the recent updates related information from here (https://theme.co/changelog/) and update your site accordingly before testing (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Thanks!

Hi there. Sorry to open this again but I am having even more issues. I have updated my version of Pro. I have had my hosting provider resolved the issue of the Appearance - Menu not working. However, now when I try to go into Headers, it just hangs, and will not let me go any further. I have tried to disable Ubermenu to get into the Headers and the problem persists. The PHP errors I do not understand - I have upped PHP to 7.0 and problem persists. I also cannot go into Theme Options. I am trying to add a logo above my Mega Menu, but I seem to keep running into issues. I abandoned UberGrid as it kept crashing the site, Mega Menu seems to be a much more lightweight plugin.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Jayd,

In that case, would you mind providing your site’s URL, admin and FTP login credentials in a secure note?

And are you still on shared hosting? Increasing memory limit has no effect on shared hosting, it’s restricted.

Thanks!

Hi JayD,

Could you try it again? The header should be loading now. The admin permission was corrupt and I reset it.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks so much! I would never have worked that out that the admin permission had become corrupt. I have been having so many problems with this site I hope it all works out in the end!

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.