Ubermenu 3.4 / 3.4.0 version mismatch

Hi,
I am seeing a spurious update for UberMenu 3.4.0.
I’ve had a conversation with Sevenspark who tell me that you (theme.co) manage the version archive for plugins bundled with the theme and therefore I need to ask you to resolve the problem.
Please could you remove the spurious 3.4.0 version such that it doesn’t show up for everyone as a pending update - which continues to show even after you tried to update to it - because you will already be on the atcual latest version (3.4)
Thanks
Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I just had a look at our version compatibility guide and as of today the supported version of Ubermenu is 3.3.1.1. In case you are not facing any issues, you can continue using the same. However, I suggest you to downgrade to the supported version so as to avoid any problem. To do that you can delete Ubermenu plugin from Plugins > Installed Plugins. After that please visit X/Pro > Validation > Extension > UberMenu click install button. https://cloudup.com/cADrn0uHmRl

You can take a look at the version compatibility guide: https://theme.co/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Just to let you know that our developers are working to release updates for bunded plugins but at the moment I am not in a position to share ETA.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,
Thanks for your reply. However this doesn’t make sense.
I have not purchased UberMenu - I don’t have a license. The ONLY way I could get updates is through the bundled version.
So something seems to have gone wrong here. I have clearly been getting updates (as have a considerable number of other folk it would seem - like EVERYONE who has the bundled Ubermenu installed) and sevenspark confirm 100% that they don’t have a version 3.4.0 and that theme.co are responsible for the version numbering for bundled versions.
So, I would ask that this be revisited and perhaps escalated to whoever manages your bundled plugin release repository to better get to the bottom of whats happened.
I will paste your initial reply and my response in to the X/Pro users forums so people can be kept up to date.
Kind Regards
Mark

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the very detailed post information. Please be advised that the list of supported versions of the plugins can be fund here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Some versions were not up to date as we are constantly testing the plugin before we update the bundled version in our repository. The latest version supported and tested with Ubermenu is 3.4.0. You can check if this already available in your site by going to X > Updates or in the plugins section.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rue,
Thank you for confirming that there has been a version update.
This is the problem. You have the incorrect version number in your version repository.
Version 3.4.0 does not exist.
The correct version number is simply 3.4
Having the incorrect version number in your repository is causing all X/Pro users who have the bundled version of UberMenu installed to get a spurious update notice. It is not possible to upgrade to 3.4.0 - if you try nothing will happen and the update notice will continue.
Please have the version number corrected in your repository to 3.4
Thanks
Mark

Hi there,

I double checked the case in my installation and it is indeed version 3.4 and not 3.4.0 and there is no message for me about updating the UberMenu. It seems that there is a problem with your installation.

Please back up your website completely and deactivate and delete your UberMenu plugin. Then go to X > Validation and install the UberMenu extension again.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,
It would really help if you noted all the facts correctly.
The revised link I was sent by Rui indicated the version of UberMenu supported/distributed by themeco as 3.4.0 - this is incorrect.
I can confirm this issue is not just affecting me - it seems like it is affecting every X (and possibly Pro) user who has UberMenu installed. Certainly not just me.
The ONLY reason I would see a upgrade available to 3.4.0 would be a repository issue. Nothing in my install would cause that.
As per my many previous requests in this thread. Please would you check and resolve the issue with the themeco repo distributing this spurious update?
Thanks
Mark

Hey Mark,

We already had been in touch with UberMenu about this and solved this within hours of noticing days ago. The version we are distributing is 3.4 there was a small timeframe where it was labeled 3.4.0 which caused this update message to be triggered. If you delete 3.4.0 and reinstall from the extension tab you will get 3.4 and the update message will be gone. This update message has no impact on the version and is/was purely esthetic.

Hope that helps!

Hi Rubin,
Thanks, it does now seem to be fixed. I did not need to do anything - just wait for the repo update and the update stopped being reported.
I fully appreciate that this wasn’t a huge issue - but I do still have concerns about the way my support ticket was handled.
Every detail required to troubleshoot and resolve the issue was contained in my opening support request - and yet it took 3 support replies and me reaching out desperately on facebook messeger before your reply confirming the resolution.
This is not ideal. This should have been a one-hit issue and shouldn’t have caused me quite so much frustration.
Further, I appreciate that mistakes happen - that’s just life - but if an issue like this happens (however minor or insignificant you believe it to be), and you realise and then fix it - tell people. You have the forum, the facebook group - numerous ways to let people know. I did check the forum before posting - just in case it had been reported by someone else - it hadn’t.
I know that this is a minor issue - but the way this ticket’s been handled is symtomatic of a bigger support issue that is still on-going and that I really do hope can be resolved soon.
Kind Regards
Mark

Hello there,

Glad to hear that! :slight_smile: Thank you for your constructive criticism. We respect your feedback and will accept this as part of our improvement. Rest assured that we may be of better service to you next time.

Again, thank you for your understanding. Have a great day ahead!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.