Typekit Reference Won't Clear

Hello,

In the dev of this site, we were using a Typekit Font through the Font Manager. We now don’t need that font, so in the Font manager I cleared out our Typekit number. However, all pages are still calling the css in the header:

…link rel=“preload” href=“https://use.typekit.net/jmx6apx.css” as=“style” onload=“this.onload=null;this.rel=‘stylesheet’”…

That of course is giving us page speed warning and errors. We’ve cleared cache mutliple times (on Cloudflare as well) and it still shows up. We even tested adding a new page and it’s there - so I’m guessing X is still loading it even though we cleared that field.

Thoughts?

Hi @stonerome,

Please kindly make sure that the settings are set correctly, double check by going to the Pro > Theme Options and clicking the Settings Clog Icon at the left bottom of the screen and remove the Typekit and add a Google Font or something else there.

Then go to Pro > Theme Options > Typography and turn off the Font Manager. Then Turn it on.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Did not work - replied with secure note with credentials

Hey @stonerome,

Thanks for providing the credentials. Just basing on the source code of your site though, it looks like the page is cached by WP Rocket. I could tell that because Typekit is loaded in the footer along with cached resources by WP Rocket. Our theme loads fonts in the header.

The Typekit code you see in the header is a preload by WP Rocket also.

I understand that you’ve purged all caches but would you mind doing it again but this time deactivate WP Rocket after clearing the cache so it will not cache the page again. I’m not yet saying that WP Rocket is the cause of the issue but at least we can rule this out and troubleshooting would be clearer. You can enable it back once this is resolved.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ok - have done that. The typekit code is now just showing in the header, and it’s not the pre-load. WP Rocket is currently turned off. I’ve added other fonts, turned font manager off/on… just can’t seem to shake that. Wondering if it’s in on of the tables, and just need to go into PHP MyAdmin and delete it?

Hello @stonerome,

The typekit font will only load in the page if you are using the font in one of the elements present on the page. Even if you already added the typekit font in the Font Manager and yet you are not using it, it will not load into the page. Plese edit your page and make sure to use the font so that it will be loaded in the page/s.

Hope this explains it briefly.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.