TypeKit Fonts Not Working in Font Manager or Customizer

I have successfully added my TypeKit fonts using the TypeKit plugin. I do see them listed in the X Theme “Theme Options” and in the “Template” section, but when I use the live preview or when I save and view my site, the fonts are not showing. They are being overridden by the default fonts, it appears. My site is http://www.whatigather.com/newsite. I’ve made a couple of pages with some sample content.

Hey,

Ensure that you followed this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-typekit/88 and clear your cache to check if it solves the problem. If the issue persists, share with us your website link and the WP credentials in a secure note.

Hi there,

There are known issues with font manager which our developers are currently working at. But I’m not sure if this is related, would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? One thing I noticed that font CSS are loaded before the Theme’s CSS, hence, overriding your Typekit font. Maybe I can change their orders :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi there,

Yes, it’s known issue with Typekit and Font manager (but that’s for Theme’s built-in Typekit which our developers are already working in). With the Typekit addon, it works just fine except it’s overridden by theme’s CSS. I added a workaround by editing /public_html/newsite/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/enqueue/styles.php

and changed this line,

add_action( 'wp_head', 'x_output_generated_styles', 9998, 0 );

to this

add_action( 'wp_head', 'x_output_generated_styles', -9998, 0 );

That’s just temporary, the fix should be added in next updates. Please check it now :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Looks good to me–thank you!

You’re always welcome!

Cheers.

Is there any normal fix whitout external plugins and coding yet?

There is none yet since the issue is from the core. Please follow the temporary fix provider here. Thanks!

Not working for me, getting more and more upset with the tons of bugs in the new updates :frowning:
Tom

Hi there,

We are sorry for the issue you are experiencing. This problem has been addressed already and a solution for that is in active development:

At the moment we can not give further assistance till the fix will be available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi there,

Is this fix still applicable? I am having the same issue as the initial poster: I can see the typekit fonts in the Customizer but they are not applied in the preview pane or on the live site. I edited the styles.php as directed and saved it into the child theme - however nothing has changed. I will post ftp and access info in private comment below. Thanks!

Hello Katie,

The suggested temporary fix will not work in the child theme. You will have to edit the actual file in the parent theme file which is /public_html/newsite/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/enqueue/styles.php. The folder location in your case maybe different depending on the host that you are using.

Please let us know how it goes.