TypeKit Fonts Not Applying

Hi there, i’ve done some reading on the forum and I can’t seem to find the answer to this issue of my Typekit fonts not applying. I’ve tried all sorts.

X > Launch > Options > Typography
Font Manager: On (When I switch it off it seems to use the x theme system defined Google fonts, like it’s backwards or something)

I then have the Typekit plugin installed and in the CSS rules I have the following:

h2, .h2,
h3, .h3,
h4, .h4,
h5, .h5,
h6, .h6 {
font-family: “a-otf-futo-go-b101-pr6n”,serif; !important
}

However this isn’t applying the selected font to my headings. Instead when I inspect the site fonts it just says ‘inherit’ as the CSS rule for the font-family in the site.

What I need to know is where to set the CSS rule so that my TypeKit fonts can be used. I will be setting a body font as well and maybe define a few other properties per heading.

If you could please give me some guidance then that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Hey,

Thanks for using our theme!

Ensure that you`re following these steps: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-typekit/88

Hi John,

I have been and removed any of the custom CSS I had in for font selection and then I have disabled and re-enabled the TypeKit plugin, entered the kit ID and so on.

I’m not getting the two fonts I have in my kit shot up in any list.

Can you confirm if I should be selecting them in the Customizer or in X > Launch > Settings > Typography ?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

First things first, please make sure your X theme is up to date (v5.1.1) as there is a bug with Font Manager on the previous version. And also the Typekit extension, you can refer here for the latest versions supported.

Then navigate to X > Templates > Fonts and setup a font you want to use for body and headlines, then on Theme Options > Typography assign the body and headline font to BODY FONT and HEADINGS FONT respectively.

You can also turn off the Font Manager and select your TypeKit Fonts directly from BODY FONT and HEADINGS FONT dropdown.

Thanks,

Hi,

I’m also having the same issues with Typekit. I’m using the latest version of X Pro, and have followed the instructions as set out on the extensions page and also in this thread, but no luck. Typekit extension installed, ID added, and fonts pulled in - but no selection available in any of the drop down menus.

Thanks
Sam

Hi Sam,

In that case, please open a new thread and then share your site URL and admin credentials on a secure note so we can see your setup.