Typekit font help

I’ve installed the Typekit extension and set it up with my kit.

If I launch X => Templates => Fonts I can see them there and I set my desired fonts for “Body Copy” and “Headings.”
I went to X => Options => Typography and Body Font to “Body Copy” and Headings to “Headings”

If I go to Appearance => Customize => Typography my Typekit fonts aren’t there (only Google and System fonts) and it’s those fonts that are showing throughout my site.

How do I set it so that my typekit fonts show instead of the google fonts?

Thanks -Erin

Try going to X > Theme Options instead of the Customizer. At the top of the Typography section you can enable the Font Manager. This will allow you to use your custom fonts instead of picking from the Google and System fonts list.

Do you mean going to X => Options => Typography?
Because, as I said, I have already done that, turned on the Font Manager and set Body Font to “Body Copy” and Headings to “Headings”.
However the fonts showing are the google fonts set in Appearance => Customize => Typography

Hi there,

Would you please back up your website completely and update the theme to version 6.0.2.

After that please go to X > Fonts and click on the Settings icon at the bottom left section of the screen:

Then set the proper options you need from Typekit:

After that, you will have the font mentioned in the Typekit available which you can select in the font manager and it will show on the front end of the website.

Also, make sure that you set the Typekit options correctly as mentioned in the article below:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-typekit/88 (The article is for another plugin but the part talking about the Typekit settings inside their website applies to your case).

Thank you.

Hi -

I updated my theme.

My Typekit is still installed as it was previously.

I re-enabled the Font Manager under X => Options => Typography and selected the Typekit fonts under X => Content => Fonts and the fonts on my site have now changed away from the google fonts that they were showing previously. But they are still not showing my Typekit fonts.

Thank you - Erin

I think all that was left to do was go to Typography > Body and Content and Typography > Headings and assign the two font selections. This is required because you’re able to create as many font selections you want in the font manager.

I went ahead and save those options. Let us know if there’s anything else you need here!

Thanks for you help @alexander.

To make sure that I’m understanding what you did, you went to X => Theme Options => Typography => Body and Content => Body Font and set it to “Body Copy” (meaning it was previously set to “Inherit” and that doesn’t work?)

Thank you - Erin

Hey Erin,

Alex is currently not around but I think that was it. If you’ve set the Body and Heading font in Theme Options to Inherit, it would “inherit” what you’ve set in the Customizer so setting them to a specific font template is necessary.

Just be aware that there is also an Inherit setting on the element level. If you’ve set a font in theme options, your element will inherit the font in the theme options and not the customizer.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.