Two Quick Questions

Hi!

1. I would like to change my username on this site. How do I do it?

2. It seems our icons for our site have disappeared. Would sometime mind helping?

Hello @MPverified,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. Please share the username in secure note and will will change it from here.
  2. I see that you haven’t updated X Theme. As you have updated Cornerstone, please update X Theme to version 6.2.5. I also see that you are using cache plugin, please make sure to clear cache.

Please take a look at following article to update X Theme.

After updating X Theme and clearing cache social icons are not showing up, then you might be using custom codes to show social icons. As a solution, please try out solution mentioned in following thread.

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Thanks.

@Prasant

thanks for answering :smile:

Can you tell me what the heck is a cache? LOL. Should I change this or clear this often? I will update now!!

I also see someone is telling me to update my child theme, should i?

Hey @MPverified,

To learn more about caching, please see this article. Regarding cache clearing, you should do that after making changes to your site especially during updates.

The only time, you need to do updates in your child theme is if the templates you have overridden changed. If you didn’t do any theme modifications, you don’t have to update your child theme. If you have though, I’d recommend that you consult with a third party developer as we do not have support for theme customization issues.

Thanks.

@christian_y can you please change my name to mpsquared?

Hello @mpsquared,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I have changed the user name to mpsquared.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.