Trying to Preview X Pro Before Switching But Can't

I’m considering moving from X to Pro, but when I try to preview it, to see if it’ll work, I just get a blank screen. I’m hoping it’ll let me have the same layout I currently have with Icon… Only I want the right sidebar to scroll with the rest of my posts. Because the sidebar thing is a serious deal breaker. Can you please tell me if Pro will give me a layout like Icon, only with the sidebar? I’m also wondering if the Pro version fixes the fact that it’s impossible to add code to a head tag without digging around

Thanks.

PS, You once told me to try integrity and I did, but it squishes everything together and obnoxiously displays all the tags on the archive pages which looks ugly and cluttered.

Hi @iamelisabethparker,

There are multiple points on your question which we need to separately address and I strongly suggest that you open up a separate thread for each one.

1. The white screenshots that there is a PHP fatal error but your server and WordPress installation are configured in a way that does not show the errors. You will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to enable the PHP Error Display and also you need to enable the WordPress Debug mode. Then you will see the actual error causing the issue. You can also contact your hosting service provider and ask them to check the error log and give you an answer.

I suggest that you get help from the hosting service provider also for the WordPress debug mode.

1. Pro WILL NOT give you additional options regarding the Icon layout. It will have the same layout as X and the sidebar will be separate and you Can Not change that behavior as the Icon stack is designed that way.

2. If you only want to add a code to the header of the website and you are not interested in the header builder which is the main cause of the Pro purchase, I suggest that you do not convert to Pro.

3. If you want to add a Javascript or HTML code to the HEAD tag of the generated HTML you need to install a Child Theme and add the code below to functions.php file:

add_action('wp_head', 'head_information', 9999);

function head_information () { ?>
<!-- Your HTML Code Here -->
<?php }

Add your code instead of the <!-- Your HTML Code Here --> part.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply, it’s helpful. I just don’t understand why you can’t fix the sidebar. Or why anyone would want to design one that doesn’t at least let you choose whether to scroll it or not. The right sidebar is prime ad real estate. This is a premium theme and you’ve been marketing it based on all the flexibility it allegedly provides. And no, I don’t want the Integrity theme, because that one displays all the tags on the home page and clutters up the layout and there doesn’t seem to be any option for getting rid of them. In addition, the sidebar screws up the mobile layout. What do you do if you don’t want it to appear on the side OR on the bottom and just want it to go away?

Hey There,

Please understand that in X or Pro we have incorporated stacks and that they are designed on purpose different. That includes the features of the stacks like the post carousel and post slider which is only present in Ethos. The Icon stack is also unique because of how its sidebar is designed.

By default, the sidebar will display on the left or right on desktop screens depending on your settings. It will automatically collapse to the bottom of the content area in smaller screens. If you want to get rid of the sidebar in smaller screens, you will need a css to hide it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I got Pro to work, but I have not been able to get any CSS to work for hiding the sidebar. I don’t understand why this theme is not responsive.

Hello There,

If you do not want to display a sidebar when using an Icon stack, simply go to X > Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout and select Fullwidth.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.