Translation not updated

Hi,

I have the following problem: Every time I update a page which original translation is Spanish, the page updates to the German version. The only solution I have found so far is going to the the different autosave versions and go back one step, and there I could find the changes I made in Spanish. It’s like wordpress in someway saves several versions: First the Spanish version with the changes I have made and then the version in German, which appears in the secondary language (German).

I hope you are able to help me with this.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

Hello Jose Luis,

Thanks for writing in!

Are you using WPML plugin for your translation? Please be advised that we have released X 7.0.2 and Cornerstone 4.0.2. It is now available in automatic updates. You can now update to this latest version. This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I did as suggested. I updated Xtheme and Cornerstone to the latest versions. HOwever, the issue remains. I made little change to the page I told you about priorly and the same happened. I end up having the secondary language version of the page. I have to go to autosave versions and go back one step in time to solve the problem.

By the way, I am using the WPML plugin for translations.

I would really appreciate if you provide a solution for this.

Greetings,

José Luis

Hey Jose,

I see you’re using Classic Elements. The Classic Elements are translatable using the Translation Editor and if the Translation Editor is enabled in your page and you haven’t entered the translations yet, the Classic Element will use the language that is available and not the actual update in the builder.

Here are 4 things you can do:

1. Remove your page from the Translation Editor or try switching to the Manual Translation method. Please contact WPML support if you’re not sure how to do this.
  2. This is not recommended but you can try if it works. Translate the Classic Elements in the Translation Editor.
  3. Use V2 Elements.
  4. Select the WPML Manual Translation method as default.

If that doesn’t help, please give us your site’s WordPress Login URL, Username and Password in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

I tried what you suggested, but the issue remains.

Here are the Wordpress Login credentials:

Hi Jose Luis,

This is how translation works with the theme builder and WPML.

1. Create a page on default language using the builder, on your case spanish.
    2.) On the builder on the lower right part, you can see flags of available language. Click the flag of the second language and it will give you option top copy existing content of the page or start blank.
    3.) Once translated page is loaded, edit/translate the element as needed.

See secure note content about detailing the root cause of the issue.

Try to turn of that WPML translation on the page settings to avoid this issue. Please also follow above recommended process of translation.

Hope this helps.

HI,

Thanks for your help.

I am well aware of how the translator works. Nevertheless, I deactivated the WPML translation and made a slight change in the Spanish version, but the problem remains.

Here I’m gonna try to walk you through the issue:

Regards,

Jose Luis

Hey Jose,

I see that my previous suggestions are not applicable to the latest versions of WPML anymore as now there is no way to manually translate. Would you mind using V2 elements for now? I’ll investigate more and post this in our issue tracker so that our development team would be aware of this latest case.

Please check your Calendario page and notice the text I’ve added below. It’s a V2 element and it’s translated when switching languages.

Thanks.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

So, what about the other classic elements in my entire website. Should I change them to V2 elements?

Regards,

Jose Luis

Hi Jose,

For string translation yes, please use v2 elements. I have consulted the developer doing the investigation and there’s no complete details yet about string translation using classic elements. We will let you know once we have an update.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.