Translate Site Built on X to PRO and Maintain Content Editability

Is there any way for me to change my theme from X to PRO without losing the ability to edit my old X content in the new PRO editor? A friend updated their blog from X to PRO and all the old blogs built on regular X showed up as code and once you clicked “Edit with Cornerstone” a warning popped up saying it would erase all previous content. I want to use PRO very much, I purchased the license upgrades, but I can’t lose the ability to edit all my existing website content. I really can’t afford to rebuild every single page in PRO.

Is there any way to update to PRO that will translate the old pages into the new editor version?

Hello Jesse,

Thanks for posting in!

To more information how you can convert your X theme powered site to Pro theme, please check out this detailed knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-to-pro-conversion/104

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Yeah i read that, unfortunately it doesn’t answer my question or address the anecdote i provided. I am trying to figure out if there’s anyway to update to Pro that will allow me to edit my existing content with the Pro editor, WITHOUT it wiping out my content on every page I go to update. On a separate website we updated to PRO and all the blogs and pages built with regular X were still visible, and could be edited through direct coding, but once you clicked the edit with Pro or edit with the updated cornerstone option, a message would populate saying that the content isn’t compatible with the new editor and that if i wished to continue i’d essentially have to rebuild the whole page.

My question was about whether or not that situation happened due to a bad upgrade (i.e. we didn’t follow the proper steps or something), or if that’s just always the outcome of updating to Pro. So again, my question is, is there a way to update to PRO and still be able to edit the older X content in the new PRO content editor? Or no, the systems are not compatible, and I will always have to rebuild a page from scratch if I update to PRO?

Hi,

I just tried upgrading one of my test site from X to PRO and it seems to work without issues.
Please make sure when upgrading that you have the latest version of both X and PRO.
Those issues might have happen because you have incompatible versions.

I also recommend creating a staging first and test the update in your staging site, that way your live site will remain uninterrupted.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.