Transfer License Issue

I need some assistance transferring a license to a client’s newly created account. I have a purchase code, but when trying to add it to my account or my client’s account I get the message, “Purchase code could not be added to user account: License already exists for this Envato Purchase Code.”

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing in! Would you mind providing that said Purchase Code on a Secure note so we can take a closer look.

Did you successfully created a new account for your client? What purchased code did you use? because creating a new account requires a Purchase Code. Maybe your troubled Purchase Code is now registered to that newly created account, please clarify.

Cheers!

Hi Chris,

That purchase is registered to a different account and not in your current account nor in your new client’s account. I recommend logging in using that account where the license is currently located and unlock the license.

Once unlocked, your client then should able to register that license to his new account. The purchase date was also April 05, 2016.

Thanks!

Strange. I only have one account here. I have 6 licenses for X theme and each gives me the same error message when trying to register it here. Is there another way to prove I’m the purchaser so you can release it from whatever account it’s linked to?

Hi Chris,

Are you sure that account (see secure note) does not belong to you or your team or your client? That account has 5 X licenses including the license you showed above.

You need to login to that account and unlock those license so you can transfer it to your personal account or your client’s account.

Sorry, we can not just simply unlock those licenses for you for security measures.

Thanks,

Thank you for that. Yes, that account does actually ring a bell. I was able to login to that account and unlock the license. I then went and logged into my client’s account, went to Account > Licenses, then clicked Register License button. I entered the code and got the “Purchase code could not be added to user account: License already exists for this Envato Purchase Code.” error again. Thanks for your help!

Hello Chris,

We will be forwarding this thread to the person in charge with the licenses. Your old account will be deleted and the license will be added to your client’s account. He will be responding to this thread shortly.

Thanks.

Hi Chris,

This has been forwarded to me for review. I’ve gone ahead and detached that license manually now, so it can be re-registered in your clients account. I haven’t added it to the account myself because I’m not 100% certain which account it is going to, but it will register fine now if you go ahead and do it.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, and have a great day.

That did the trick. Thank you and your team for the help!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.