Top Bar Showing & Shouldn't Be

This is related to my earlier post here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/logo-missing-erroneous-content-footer-in-sidebar/21075/4?u=kvpadmin

I finally had time to come back and try and fix this. The site address is: https://www.singh-ray.com

The logo started showing again out of nowhere. I made no changes. I suspect an automatic wordpress or theme update had something to do with it since that was the only possible change to the site since my original post.

There’s still a gray top bar showing with text that says “Content here”. This showed up out of nowhere. I had made no changes to the site in weeks and no one else has access to it.

I deactivated the child theme and activated the main X Theme as suggested by support in the original post and it had no difference. (screenshot below):

You can see I have the X top bar disabled and when I turn it on a THIRD topper shows up above the logo so it kinda looks like the grey bar isn’t the X top bar.

But… in the code, it’s marked with the x-custom-topbar class so it has to be something with the X theme right?

I am using a plugin for the top red bar because I want it to be different on different pages and have the ability to layer them and have one bar on top of another. But when I disable that plugin, the grey bar is still there so it’s not the plugin.

I have no idea where else this could be coming from. I could really use some help figuring this out.

Hi there,

Thaks for writing in.

X theme has no custom x-topbar class. It’s only x-topbar, it’s probably due to your customization. Would you mind providing your site’s URL, admin and FTP login credentials in a secure note? I’ll check where it’s coming from.

Thanks!

I’ve added that info in a secure note on the original post.

Would you please also give us the User/Pass of the WordPress admin to follow up?

Also is it ok to deactivate the plugins for testing? If it is a live site I suggest that you move your website to a staging version.

Thank you.

This is a live site. If you need to deactivate plugins, it would be ok if they were turned on again fairly quickly. (Just don’t deactivate woo commerce or the payment gateway so the site can still take orders.)

Also, that link you gave doesn’t say anything about how to set up a staging version. Is that just a copy of the site in a different directory? That I know how to do but given the size of the site, it would likely take a long time to create that copy and possibly go over the amount hosting space this client has available from their host.

Wordpress login in secure note.

PLEASE NOTE though… I just deactivated all the plugins a few minutes ago to try and diagnose a different issue. Deactivating ALL the plugins had no affect on that grey bar. It stayed even with everything turned off.

Hi There,

I could see that you’ve added this custom JS under X > Theme Options > JS:

jQuery(function($){
   $('.x-navbar').prepend('<div class="x-custom-topbar">Content here</div>');
});

I’ve already removed it and the custom topbar has gone.

Cheers!

lol, too many cooks in the kitchen. Thank you!!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.