Top bar missing in Pro Content customizer screen

If you look at the screenshot I added above you can see that there is a blank section along the top of the screen when customizing a page. Ignore my comment “where you change the screensize options” that’s not affected.

Hi There,

It seems to be a caching issue. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and test again?

Please check the screenshot under the secure note.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

I cleared the cache. I then logged in using my login and also the user id I gave you and I only observed the problem only in my login. Both are admin accounts so they should act in the same way. After some testing I have narrow the problem down to the “Show Toolbar when viewing site” in the User Profile setting of my login. It seems that when I tick the box I get the toolbar and when I unselect the box I get a blank section. In the user id I gave you the box was unticked and was working fine when you investigated and also when I looked initially. I ticked the “Show Toolbar when viewing site” box, saved, then unticked the box and saved and now the user id I gave you is showing the same blank section. Please log on and confirm you’re now seeing this same blank section. If so you should be able to determine if this is a Wordpress bug or Pro bug. Thanks.

Hey @Londibob,

The issue must be in your WordPress setup because normally, the admin toolbar does not show up in the builder even the Show Toolbar when viewing site setting is enabled. That is the case in my test site and also sites of other users.

I’m not sure why the admin toolbar shows up or takes up space in the builder’s interface in your site. I would need to check your WordPress setup so please give us FTP access also. I would also need to deactivate all third party plugins and switch to the parent theme. If that could not be done to your live site, please copy your site to a staging server and give us access there also.

Thanks.

Thanks for you reply. I have added the FTP login details to the secure note. I’ve not worked with FTP before so please advise if you need more information.

Hi,

Can you try updating your theme to Version Pro 2.0.2 and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks

I already updated yesterday. No change.

I just updated to 2.0.3 and still the same blank section

Hi there,

Another support here and would like to check this too, but I’m unable to access your site. Do I need to add your IP to my hosts file? I’ll continue checking again later, maybe it’s just due to DNS.

Thanks!

I’m not sure what that means so hopefully when you recehck you will have access.

Hey @Londibob,

I could not connect to your server and frontend (see Secure Note)

It looks your host does have some IP restriction. Please ask them if they do.

Thanks.

I just updated the secure note, is that what you needed?

Hello There,

We have tried accessing your site and it seems that the IP restrictions is still active. This is what we are seeing:

Please contact your hosting provider and ask for further assistance so that our staff can view your site and proceed to resolve your issue.

Thank you.

I think I have some DNS issues, I might need to contact Cloudflare. Ill revert tomorrow.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Can you try again I believe the Cloudflare DNS issues have been resolved.

Hi There,

Yes I can access your site now, I did take a closer look at this and this is not a bug, this is just some kind of a small conflict between 2 settings.

To resolve this please navigate to Users > Your Profile and enable the Show Toolbar when viewing site option so you’ll get the adminbar when you’re login, keep it disabled if you don’t want an adminbar when you’re login.

Then navigate to Pro > Settings and do not enable the Show WordPress Toolbar so you don’t see an adminbar (or empty space) in the builder.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

After all that I’m glad we found it was an easy fix. Thanks for your assistance.

You are most welcome!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.