Toggle Mute on off in Chrome

Running Pro, latest version of Wordpress, all plugins updated, etc. My problem is this. I have a video playing in the slider on my home page. Its parked on YouTube and auto plays in the slider when you visit my website. I added a layer, put a mute icon the from the object library and set the Action to Toggle Mute Media to give people the option to mute the audio. It works perfectly on all browsers but Chrome. On all browsers it works like it should in that the video plays with the audio. But on Chrome you have to click on the mute icon to HEAR the audio. Its just backwards of how its supposed to be. I have tried every Action related to muting to no avail. I need Chrome to do what all other browsers do and thats play the video WITH audio.

Here is a link to my website.

And my Login

TIA

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, but that’s not an issue with the Theme nor with your site, Chrome Mutes Autoplay Videos by Default is intentional.

Read more about that here.

Cheers!

Wow! OK, well that makes sense but is stupid! Thanks for the speedy answer :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.