Toggle button(hamburger) does not change to X on device

Hi,

When clicking on the toggle button of a dropdown content area, the button does not change to X (for closing the dropdown) when using real devices (tablet, mobile). It remains as hamburger icon.
It also does not work on Device Simulator (mac)

It works only in Pro preview in header builder and in desktop’s browsers.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

As we don’t have access to your website so can’t confirm what exactly may be the issue. Would suggest you few things to check what exactly happening theme.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Hi, I’ve posted a secure note for you to see.
Remember, it needs to be a REAL tablet or phone for the problem to be seen.

Thanks

Hey @gtaranti,

I have replicated the issue in Safari 9 in iOS. The active X icon is working in my Android phone and Safari version 9.1 in Mac OS X so this looks like an iOS specific issue. I’ll post this in our issue tracker so our development team would be made aware of this case. We could not promise a fix just yet as the iOS and Safari version I’ve tested might be not supported.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

OK.
Thanks for confirming that there is an issue here.

Please, if the development team provides a quick-fix, before the regular update cycle, I’d like to have it.
(The site I’m building is on a deadline… :neutral_face: )

Hello @gtaranti,

I am assure you of the ETA on updates or a fix before release as I am not in that position but our developers are at work. We have also published our monthly status report that you can refer.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.