Toggle and Off Canvas options not showing with Navigation Layered Element - Pro Header

Pro version 2.3.8. WP 4.9.8

I have used the Navigation Layered element before on another site and its working as inteneded. On a new site I’ve created, I’m using the same element but the toggle and off canvas options are not showing + the toggle isn’t showing on the front end.

No JS issues showing either.

Also, if I take a header template from the site that it is working, transfer it over to the other site, I can get the options to show BUT changing them doesn’t make any changes + its still broken on the front end.

Any ideas?

http://3d.bevindesignhouse.com/ is the demo domain

More info: If I try and build the header on the site which has a working layered navigation element, i get the same issues of no toggle or off canvas options.

Hi There,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my local installation.

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  7. Turn off all the cache plugins.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

cheers Thai,

I’ve gone through the steps, but I’m on version 2.3.8 of Pro. So I can’t downgrade to 2.3.6. Was your local version .6 or .8? - That might be it.

I don’t have any caching and I’ve only added plugins after I found the issue to give myself work around options.

If its the later version issue then I’m ok to wait till that is the supported one as I have a good enough work around for the issue.

Hey @techwhisperer,

Can you give us a screenshot comparing the modal that works and the modal with issue. I currently see it’s working in your site.

Please also give us WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup.

Thanks.

Thanks Christian,

You’re seeing my workaround on that site.

It works and doesn’t work on the same site so will give you screen shots from that one. I the header TW Header - Main you can see that the Navigation Layered works as it should with the toggle and off canvas options available.

On the same site though, version 2.3.8 - As I write this I have found the main difference - I have used the right container for the header where the layered navigation element goes in. In that instance, you do not get the toggle and off canvas options.

I guess I don’t understand why you wouldn’t see the options on a right panel header as on a top panel header?

So, its not a bug, its a weird feature?

Hi,

You need to turn on Advance Mode to be able to see those setting,

Please check screenshot below

Thanks

Thanks Paul,

Advanced mode is on though.

Hi There @techwhisperer

In that case, we will require your WordPress credentials to investigate it further. You can use the secure note feature below your posts, to submit those information.

Thanks!

Heya @mldarshana

Have added a secure note on the comment above :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hi There,

I did see the Toggle and Off Canvas options in the provided website:

Could you please provide us with your admin account of the http://3d.bevindesignhouse.com/?

Thank you.

Hey @thai,

It works on the header that is currently, which the screenshots show you looked at.

The issue is when you add a layered nav on a right-sided header. See screenshot further up the post of an example of both top and right headers.

I’ve created an example header for you in the techwhisperer site so you have logins still.

Thanks

Hi There,

Sorry for the confusion!

When you add the Navigation Layered element to the right/left side of your header, it will be permanently visible by default. Hence, no need for toggle icon(toggle option) and off canvas option:

It works the same on the Navigation Inline element.

Regards!

Cheers @thai

Cheers for all your time. I did find a work around, but it’s a bit weird that it acts that way on left / right headers.

I’m not sure why it would be different.

Anyway, all clear now :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.