This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing

Hi
I loaded a demo and keep getting the following error message when trying to edit in cornerstone:
“the preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.”

php v5.6.40
PHP Memory Limit 1,024.0 MiB
PHP Max Upload Size 1,024.0 MiB
Max Post Size 80.0 MiB
PHP Max Script Execute Time 300s

I dont have any scripts loaded. I have deleted cache.

Thanks
Grant hill

Thanks
Grant hill

Hi Grant,

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried deactivating the cache after cleaning them? Sometimes cleaning is not enough.

I couldn’t do initial checking of your site as the one in your account isn’t accessible. Would you mind providing the correct site’s URL? And if possible, please provide the admin login credentials in the secure note as well, I like to test it too.

Thanks!

Hi Rad

I have sent a secure note.

Thanks a mil
Grant

Hi Grant,

It appears to be due to internal server error, I checked and there should be no problem with configuration. Would you mind providing the FTP login credentials as well? There is no details about the issue and I might need to check it through the logs.

Thanks!

Hi Rad

Sent details.
Cheers
Grant

Hey Grant,

The FTP credentials don’t work. Here’s the error.

Sorry Cristian I left a character out of the password. i’ve changed password in the secure note, please try again

Thanks a mil

Grant

Hi Grant,

Please contact your hosting support and ask to deactivate the ModSecurity, then check your homepage in Cornerstone to see if that resolves the issue. If it does, since deactivating ModSecurity is not recommended, request to enable it back and unblock/whitelist only the https://connectbps.com/wp/x/

It seems something is blocking the Cornerstone preview on the site, and its more likely the ModSecurity.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi

My hosting support deactivated ModSecurity and I was able to edit with cornerstone.
They have enabled it back and whitelisted https://connectbps.com/wp/x/ and now im getting the error again.

Sometimes it seems to work but the majority of the time i get the “The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.” error

Thanks
Grant

Hey Grant,

Please try to have them whitelist cornerstone-endpoint directory also and everything after the x directory.

If that doesn’t help, regretfully, your web host does not conform to WordPress standards. Cornerstone works out of the box in most web hosts. It’s the web host that could fully diagnose why Cornerstone doesn’t work in their server setup as they have full access to the server. We also are not server configuration experts.

If you could try other web hosts, that would be a better option.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.