Theme X Pro does not work with PHP 7 or 7.1

Everything was going along just fine until i upgraded from PHP 5.4 to 7.1, now all i get is a blank white screen. This frustration has put me way behind with seeming no fix in sight.

** So my first question - Is Theme X Pro (I am using Pro), 100% compatible with PHP 7.1???

• i am using Theme X Pro.
  • I am currently on PHP 7.1.
  • I have numerous plug-ins.
  • i am on the latest version of wordpress. 4.9.6
  • My ISP can host PHP 7.0 onwards.
  • When i tested the email address attached to this site from my computer, it still works…
  • I ran the “Compatibility Checker” Plug-in for PHP 7.0 and PHP 7.1, with NO error reports, so all Plug-ins etc should be 100% compatible.

Please some one help?

I was told my options are?

• See if PHP 5.6 Works.
  • Start site again on PHP 7.1
  • To ditch Theme X all together.

This problem has now become a deal breaker.

I am contactedable at warwickwheeler68@gmail.com

thanks in advance.

Warwick Wheeler

Hi Warwick,

I certainly understand your frustration here. A blank white screen means that you’re getting a PHP fatal error. You can enable WP_DEBUG mode on your wp-config.php file which is located at the root of your WordPress installation and once you revisit the page, the error(s) will be displayed to you. Usually it could be due to conflict with one of plugin(s) or some customization that you have added to your child theme.

If you need further assistance, please provide us with yout WordPress credentials and FTP information in a secure note, so that we can look into it.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help. I have sent you a secure note. My background is graphic design, so i am lost with this and a new to the web side of things. You will see a secure note relating to my site is www.rizenunlimited.com

Thank you in a advance.
Warwick

Hi Warwick,

Your cPanel credentials are invalid. We need FTP or cPanel credentials to check this issue further. Can you please confirm with the correct information? so that we can look into your issue.

Thanks!

thank you, i have sent you another secure note, i was successful into logging into the cpanel with the info in the secure note. You will see Rizenunlimited.com on the right of the screen.

thank you in advance.

Hi @BehaveJohnny1

It was a memory limitation issue, I’ve fixed it by adding this line to wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

That was the error reported in erro_log file:
[05-Jun-2018 04:56:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) in /home/rizenunl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/php-compatibility-checker/vendor/squizlabs/php_codesniffer/CodeSniffer/Fixer.php on line 139

Thanks.

Thank you, you are awesome… My entire site works…
Not sure if I can ask you in this thread or I should elsewhere?

• My isp host asked me if I want to move this site to a dedicated php 7.0 onwards server? And
  • i need more hosted space for this site, so I am looking to have my isp provider upgrade from 1 gig host space to 2 gig host space,

Will either of these two things affect the great work you just did for me site?

Thank you in advance.

Warwick

Hi Warwick,

It will not affect anything. It will even improve your site performance.

Thanks

A great big THANK YOU goes out to all the Staff that helped fix my problem. You guys are great!!!

Warwick

Hi @BehaveJohnny1,

Happy to hear that.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.