Theme x PRO: Can't access templates

Hey @djinnie,

It sounds like there’s something in your setup or you did that messed up your permalinks or there’s something that causes the redirect outside of Pro’s control. Please try the following solutions:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then completely uninstall your caching plugin (contact the plugin provider to learn how to do this) and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If those does not help, please give us access to your WordPress admin and cPanel but please note though that we might deactivate plugins and customizations for troubleshooting purposes so if that could not be done in your live site, please copy your site over to a staging server and give us access there instead.

Thanks.

I just deleted the W3 Total cache plugin and now I can use templates again.

But the error from https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/theme-x-pro-error-when-editing-page/15469 is still here.

In that case, please give us access to your WordPress admin and cPanel in that unsolved thread.

Thanks.

I added a secure note to this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/theme-x-pro-error-when-editing-page/15469 with my wordpress access. Its a staging area of my LIVE site.

Do you really need access to my cPanel? For security reasons I prefer not to give access to that as all my other websites are hosted there too. Also, its a Dutch hosting company. That would be hard for you to navigate around, right?

Hi there,

I see this happens usually due to permalink changes made by other plugins, and sometimes the translation plugin itself. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

I will also reply to your other thread since you provided the login credentials there.

Thanks!

I just tested all plugins as you said.

I first deactivated all of them and then activated the plugins one by one.

The problem is Yoast SEO plugin.

When I activate Yoast SEO URL /x/#/content/5766/layout/templates will redirect to /x/#/content.

Any ideas how to solve this? As I pretty much need Yoast SEO for better Google Rankings…

Thanks.

Hey @christian_y,

I’m not very familiar with Yoast SEO so you need to ask their support or find in their documentation if there’s a feature or function that relates to redirection or permalinks.

Also, you could not use Yoast SEO in a Cornerstone built page from now on because the content is stored in post meta and not the actual content anymore. Yoast SEO is good for regular posts.

Thanks.

At first I thought this plugin was the problem but I deactivated the plugin yesterday and templates also didn’t work.

Just a few moments ago it did work but now suddenly it doesn’t work any more… Very strange and also annoying as I need the templates to build sales pages.

Your advice was:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then completely uninstall your caching plugin (contact the plugin provider to learn how to do this) and other optimization plugins. **I did this.**

2. If you're using a CDN, please clear the CDN's cache and disable optimization services. **I don't know what CDN is?**

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it's fixed, you'll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. **I did this.**

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates. **I did not do this. The only custom CSS here is adviced by your collegues.**

5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button. **Did not do this. I'm not tech savvy so I don't know how to do this. Also I'm afraid to crash my site.**

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php **Also did not do this, yet. Can you explain me why they should do this so I can explain that to them because they probably would ask me why I would want this to happen?**

Furthermore, do understand that ‘templates’ option sometimes works and somtimes doesn’t work…

Hi There,

2.) If you don’t have CDN forget this step.
5.) htaccess can be found at the root folder of your installation. If you didn’t edit this, just reset permalinks. Just go to Settings > Permalink and save.
6.)We might increase memory on wordpress but that might not still work if memory is still limited on your server.

Those steps are basic troubleshooting. I tried to login using admin but it says provided password is incorrect. Please provide correct username and password.

1. i’m not sure what you mean by reset your permalinks? Because I can’t have the standard wordpress permalinks because that will lower my google rankings. For example; a normal post looks like: https://www.domainname.nl/?p=123 but it should look like: https://www.domainname.nl/focus-keyword
  2. i have asked my host about that. Waiting for an answer.

Sorry for the wrong password. See secret note for new pass.

Hello There,

Updating the permalinks does not mean that you will have to change it to default setting. By simply hitting the “Save Changes” button will definitely update your permalinks.

By the way, I have logged in and I think Pretty Links plugin is causing the issue. I temporarily deactivated the plugin and tested Cornerstone again. I was able to click on the templates as shown here:

I have re activated it already because you might be using it. If you want to test it for your self, please deactivate it for a while and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Just deactivated the plugin as you told. But still not working here.

Also tried it in a different browser.

Plugin is still deactivated as I don’t use that plugin.

Hello @djinnie,

I tested for plugin conflict but that’s not the issue. I don’t see any conflict issues in between installed plugins and Pro. However I see that you are running Pro version 1.2.6. Please try updating to Pro 1.2.7 and see if that solves the template problem. Since you have not validated Pro, in that case you may have to update Pro manually. You can refer changelog for more information:

https://theme.co/changelog/

You can also refer our theme and plugin update guide:

Thanks.

Thanks for your help.

I just updated the theme to 1.2.7 but still no success.

Hello There,

Since the site is your live site, could you please clone the site and set it up in a staging site so that we can investigate further? The staging site will help us determine what might be the cause of the issue without having to disrupt an activity in your live site. Once the issue is resolved and everything is working, we can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi I just created a staging site for you to test in. Please see secret info.

Hi There,

When I checked the initial load of the builder, templates go to content then going to back button and clicking templates make it work after that: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbXu0q2xgs

I then tried to disable plugins and child theme. This is to check without any other codes - just plain vanilla wordpress and Pro theme. The issue is the same even after resaving permalinks.

Without child theme and plugins, the issue might be the main PRO or some setup on your hosting. But I cannot duplicate it on my setup. Can you try now reinstalling the theme?

Your solution when going to back button and clicking templates is not ideal but it works for me. Now I can use templates again and that helpt me a lot.

Hopefully the problem will solve itself my updating to newer versions of the Theme X template in the future.

Thank you for your help.

You’re welcome. If you have time, you could also try replicating your setup in Pantheon.io which offers a free dev site to test if this is a server problem.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.