Theme X Installation Issues

HI,
I was so pleased with my experience with Theme X, I decided to buy a second licence :-).
This time around, however, I’ve been running into some serious installation issues.
Basically, I downloaded both the theme and the child-x. When attempting to implement the templates, however, the installation did not accord with the sample sites (this was tested with both Ethos 1 as well as other site templates and can be seen on the currently installed template as well).
Looking forward to your assistance on this.
A

Hi there,

The problem is that this time you chose to use a normal demo and not the expanded demo. We have the full right for the media and graphics of the expanded demos that is why you can import the demo content and it will look like exactly the one which is in our server. For more information:

But the standard demos are not like that and you can not have the graphics and media and instead it will be replaced with placeholders.

Thank you.

I am not sure I follow.

I had issues with Ethos 1, App, and Agency. Assume Ethos 1 is a standard demo, the latter two are not. You are absolutely correct that I first installed the Ethos 1 and then the App and Agency Demos. However, installing the expanded demos did not override the standard demo configuration – even after i deleted the Child theme and re-installed it.

Right now, for the sake of illustrating the issue, the Agency demo is installed and none of the graphics look like the Demo (see, for example, the Home page). Hence, the reason for my contacting you.

Looking forward to your input.

(PS It would also be great if you provided guidance on how to achieve the Ethos 1 look for the post sliders/images)

Ah, I see so the problem is that the App or Agency also do not apply which they should.

Would you please use the WordPress Reset plugin to reset the installation completely for testing? Please be warned that it will delete all the work you have including pages, posts, and settings … and will leave with vanilla WordPress installation.

If it is not what you want to do please add another installation for testing purposes. Then kindly give us the Admin privileges as currently, we can not access any part of the dashboard.

Then we will follow the steps mentioned here:

And see what is the problem.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,
Admin credentials were provided in a secure note with the first post on this thread. I rather not go with reset and since i am not a developer i am uncertain what you mean by “add another installation” … I have deleted and re-installed the X and X-Child themes though
Thanks for you help

I went to your website and did my best to find out what is the problem cause. But I couldn’t

The only thing that I can suggest for the time being is to reset the WordPress installation.

Please consider that it is not a good idea to add the demo content in the middle of the work and having cache plugins as those seems to be problematic.

Please reset the WordPress installation and try again. Thank you for your understanding.

ok. I will give it a try.

No. Unfortunately resetting did not work. Please see, for example, the Home page

Hi There,

Use a plugin like this to reset your WordPress installation. Then try to regenerate your demo content.

You will need to re-validate your theme and active plugins like revolution slider, before generating demo content.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for this. I already did the reset using the tool Chris provided me with earlier. For reference please see above communications.

any thoughts?

Hi There,

The login you provided is not working. Please check the password and let us know again.

Thanks

please secure note

Hi There,

I checked your site and can confirm the issue. The demo content not getting install properly.
Can you please delete entire wordPress setup and install it again. I believe there is some plugin or server setting which Blocking some resources to getting updated.

Just install the theme and Rev-slider then please import the demo content. After that you can install any other plugins.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

OK. How do i delete the entire wordpress setup? and install it again?

Hi there,

Are you using CloudFlare? If so, please head over to your CloudFlare account, then the Speed tab and make sure to disable CSS & Javascript autominification options. Also make sure to clear CloudFlare cache and test your site again.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.