Theme X Child Theme and Woo Overrides Out Of Date

Hi there - We use theme x with Cornerstone. Our developer originally created the site in the summer of 2017. Our site also uses Woocommerce. If I look at the themes, we use a child theme of X. Within the Woo if I go to Status and then scroll down to Templates, there are numerous overrides in place. For example

customchild/woocommerce/cart/cart.php version - is out of date. The core version is 3.5.0

As you can see, it says that the above is out of date.

Woo support said that the child theme should be updated to avoid any issues.

So, is woo support correct?

Also, should the child theme be updated to also match the changes that occur with X theme as well?

I did read these helpful articles on child themes and woo.

Thanks
Tim

Hello Tim,

Thanks for writing in!

If you copied the WooCommerce files into the child theme and down the line you will have to keep them updated with the changes that are happening. Otherwise, in the dashboard you will see messages to update the files.

Having said that as of now the supported version of WooCommerce is 3.5.7. We are in the process of testing latest version of WooCommerce 3.6 for compatibility. Once that process is completed, we will release the package that users can update and the same will be communicated via our changelog page.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

@Prasant - Thanks! Please close this case.

You’re welcome!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.