Theme X 6.3.8 Breaks my site

Hi.
I’m hoping you can help. I updated one of my sites which uses Theme X to version 6.3.8. When the update is taken, it “breaks” the site. More specifically, the WPBakery is broken in the back and on the front end, there are no margins, and the formatting is all over the place (seems to be have to do with the WPBakery being broken). Within that authoring, you can’t update any modules. I have been working all day, restoring plugins, and the theme one by one to make sure it was indeed the theme, and that is where I landed. My site is totally up to date except for Theme X 6.3.8. We have been keeping up to date all along and I had to go back to 10/4 to get a restore that wasn’t broken (so it may have been a previous release that caused this but I didn’t see the issue - maybe pages were cached).

Now, I can consistently take the 6.3.8 update and see it break the site and then restore to a version before and it’s fixed. Can you help?

Thanks
Carla

Hi Carla,

Thank you for writing in, please make sure that the Cornerstone is up to date too (v3.3.8).

Then navigate to WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General Settings and make sure “Legacy X Integration” is enabled. A common request we get is to not overwrite parts of the WPBakery Page Builder. We are committed to keeping supporting sites from the early days of X where Visual Composer was our page builder but we’ve consolidated all that integration code under one setting. It used to be enabled by default, but you will now need to opt-in to use it.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you for the reply.
I did verify that Cornerstone is up to date with version 3.38.
I then went in and checked the WPBakery Page Builder Settings - General Settings. Under the X Integration tab, the top checkbox is:

X Integration (Activate X integration with Visual Composer. This allows for the theme to overwrite certain Visual Composer shortcodes and map in custom shortcodes. Turning this off will make Visual Composer oparate natively without any overwriting being done.)

That is enabled. Actually all settings on this tab are enabled except Remove Frontend Editor.

Lastly, I have been clearing server side and browser cache before and after I try to take the theme X update but it is still breaking my site. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Carla

Sorry - I forgot I needed to update again before checking that… I had rolled back the update. I just took it again and then checked that setting - saw the check box you mentioned and checked it.

I am all good. We can close this out!

Appreciate the quick turnaround. Have a great day.

Carla

Glad to know !

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.