Theme won't validate

Hello

We bought the X theme in February 2019 and ever since we have been unable to validate the theme. I have recently downloaded and installed the most recent update and I am now receiving a message that my cornerstone is not validated. It is no longer asking to validate the theme but now cornerstone. Should this not be included in my theme as a plug in? When I enter the Envanto purchase code we were given I’m now being told “We’ve checked the code, but it doesn’t appear to be an Cornerstone purchase code or Themeco license. Please double check the code and try again.”

Could someone please help me with this problem. Its been going on a little while now and I’m completely lost on what to do.

Thank you

Joanne

Hi Joanna,

I have just checked your account and you have a license for X which you can definitely use to validate your site.

It seems that you do not have X enabled on your site that is why you are seeing the validation option for Cornerstone.

To verify that, please go to Appearance > Themes and make sure that it is X or the child theme (if you have it installed) that is active on your site.

Once you have X activated on your site, you should access the validation page from the X link of the admin section.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade

I’ve activated the X theme again and now I’ve gone to put the code in it just comes up as a blank white screen. That was the initial problem I was having. Do you know why this might keep happening?

Thank you

Joanne

Hi Joanne,

The issue could be because of X and Cornerstone version incompatibility. Since you are able to have the latest version of X installed manually, please login through FTP then go to wp-content/plugins then delete the cornerstone directory that is in there.

Once you log back in to the admin area, Cornerstone should be automatically installed then try to validate the site again.

If the white screen issue persists, please try to have have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

Kindly also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Hi Jade

That worked perfect!!! Thank you so much for your help.

Joanne

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.