Theme templates gone

Hi Guys,

When I started building on my team I set up Theme Gym, stack ethos. I started customizing the Home page used 2 or 3 plug ins and added some pages to make sure both my header and footer menu was in place.

I added the pages by using pages option in dashboard and created several menu’s to make sure all menu’s where in place with the right pages behind it.

Now it seems Ive done something totally wrong here because Im unable to get to the default blog page which came with the demo theme Gym. Also I get a alarm text which states that the content has been override by 3rd party plug in, but this is strange because I deactivated all the plug ins I used and still the same alarm text is popping up in cornerstone.

It took me 3 weeks to finally come up with a home page which I starting to like and now Im a bit scared that everything Ive done is done wrong.

Could you please help me out with this?

Thanks

best
Ivo

Hello Ivo,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

In case the page was opened outside Cornerstone then there is a possibility of Cornerstone data getting corrupted and that’s the reason why you are getting error messages or some third party plugin causing issue. Having said that, please try out following solutions and see how it goes.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello Ivo,

My apologies but I am not certain what username to use to login to the admin area.

Please provide the admin username as well so that we can login and check.

Hope this helps.

you can login now. check ecure message

Hello Ivo,

Thanks for updating in!

Do you want to have the same layout like this?
http://demo.theme.co/gym/news/

The Gym demo is using Ethos stack. You have enabled the masonry which is not the correct layout. The demo uses the standard layout only. You can change the layout in X > Theme Options > Blog. You must also enabled the Post Slider which can be done in X > Theme Options > Ethos.

Now please understand that the blog index will not and cannot be edited with Cornerstone. WordPress will generate post items automatically in the blog index. Even with the default WP editor, you cannot edit the blog index.

Hope this helps.

I Think I understand what I have done wrong here. Thanks for that. Another questions which I cant fix is this one:

The menu below states “blog” which is now the default page for my blog but what I want is that in the header the tab “community” will be openend as our blog, so 2 blog redirect.

Both BLOG and COMMUNITY has to go to the same page which is the blog page. I dont know how I can manage to do this.

Second question I have is as follow.

The blog has to be categorized into 2 or 3 categories. For every category I want to show the top 4 most readed post on the blog page and the rest can be found in archives.

Is something like this or maybe somewhat like this possible to fix in the blog environment?
Thanks in advance
Best
Ivo

Hi Ivo,

1. Please note that you can create Custom Links under Appearance > Menu

You can add any link text with any url that you like.

1. Regretfully this feature is not offered by the theme. You can try this third party plugin - https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-popular-posts/

You can use the plugin shortcode to display your top 4 post anywhere in your page.

Hope that helps

Perfect. custom menu worked!!

Today I will have a look at this specific plugin.
You are awesome!

Thank you! Have a great day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.