Theme shows updates when logged into wordpress admin, but not when logged out

Hi,

I made a bunch of edits today that show as published when I am logged into the admin side of the site. When I log out of the wordpress site, all of the edits go away. I have tried several things to try to get the pages to officially publish. Nothing that I can see shows as a draft (everything shows as published), and I can get in or out of every page without the warning that I have not saved changes.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Hi there,

This must be a problem of cache. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  8. Test the case without our theme and use default WordPress theme and see if you see the same problem.

Get back to us with the result of the tests and kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

It must have been something with WP Fastest Cache. When I cleared the cache and logged out to check the status, the website and all it’s changes came right up (www.jstreetproductions.com).

Thanks in advance for the assistance. It is appreciated.

Mark

Hey There,

Since you have a caching plugin, always clear the cache first before testing the site. Caching can cause your site changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.