Theme pro, custom font installation failed

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with your FTP account so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

Details sent in note

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!
I can see all the font file with 4 different formats is present on the server. SVG is looking different because of the file icon view.

Not sure if you are pointing to any different issue.

Thanks

@basanta Ok, so we agreed that all files are present. Now, can you help me with custom css? @thai wrote that custom css is not working because files are missing and only svg is present. Right now we agreed that all files are present, so why css is not working?

Hi There,

Thanks for the confirmation!

I can see you have written the folder name wrongly.

Your font files are inside Pro-child but you have mentioned x- child.
Please change the folder name and follow the steps in the provided tips above.

Thanks

1 Like

@basanta thank you very, very much for help. I am owerworked, so I am starting to make easiest and most annoying errors, like that. Thank you very much for help.

You’re most welcome!

Ok, so I have still problems. Your suggestion (synthax error in css) was correct, but still - I have problems with text formatting.
I think that there might be some problems with style overwriting each other? I am trying to add some custom css, but the way how text looks like is defined by some other style - but I do not know where.

Are you able to add any text field with anything, lorem ipsum etc that would be formatted with custom css style? Esp with font that I have mentioned above?

page where you can add this is main-pl

Hi again,

I created a test page with text element and added inline styling to the element and indeed it was being overwritten by the default CSS. I’ll add this to our issue tracker so developers can be aware of this issue, in the mean time you can add !important at the end of CSS rules. for example:

$el {
  font-family: 'dejavu_sanscondensed_oblique' !important;
  font-size: 18px !important;
  color: red !important;
  font-weight: bold !important;
}

Here is the page where I added the element with inline CSS

Hope this helps!

@Nabeel thank you for your time. unfortunately effect of your work is not working. Font that is visible after styling with your css is not dejavu sans oblique. Compare effect of your styling to demo

Hi There,

I did go ahead and resolve the issue, I can’t tell what was the issue though since I redo how the font is loaded, if you’re wondering how please read this post.

Now if you need to apply the font “dejavu sans condensed” to a text or headline, just add a CLASS dejavusanscondensed to it.

I moved all your font files in this directory /wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/fonts/dejavusanscondensed

I also did write the @font-face statement on the child theme’s style.css file. You can remove the @font-face statement on the Theme Options > CSS since it would not work there (posible that this was the issue).

I see that you have multiple variants of this font, what I loaded is only the dejavu sans condensed so you need to do what I did for other variants.

Clear your browser’s cache if you dont see the changes.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your time, efforts and provided solution.
Without you I wouldn’t know where to look for your solution and issues source.

Thank you!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

@friech I am sorry that I am writing again, but problem unfortunately is not solved.
Font dejavu sans is not loading even after adding class created by you. Font that is loading is Lato.

Easy test - look at the shape of letter K - in dejavu lines are sharp, in lato they are bent. Look at test page created by you.

This is small detail, right now maybe, but I wanted to load more custom fonts and it looks like right now it is pointless.

Hi @tfstudiopl

I’ve double checked that the fonts files are loaded correctly on your website, also I’ve created a test video screencast showing that the font loaded on your website is the same as “dejavu sans”, please check it out here:

Let me know if there is something I’m missing here?
Thanks.

It looks like there is some some problem on my side.
Opera browser where I am working - problem appears, Font is Lato.
Chrome - problem do not appear. But font is loading without proper codepage and polish diacritics are in different font than dejavu. Its weird, because ttf desktop font is with polish diacritics. Do I have to force somewhere loading of proper codepage?

opera, lato

chrome, dejavu, no polish diacritics

Hi There,

I can confirm that font dejavu sans condensed loads on your site, I did check it on both Chrome and Opera, and they have there own “style”, you can compare it here (https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/dejavu-sans)

Yes, this must be something on your side, try updating your browsers. Regretfully, this particular issue is outside the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your browser or your machine.

Thank you for your understanding.

@friech as you can see on your example - in your dejavu example polish letters didn’t load properly.

I understand, that there might be some problem with css not loading on my side - so I will try to fix this.

But can you help me with that issue? Not loading polish diacritics?

Hi @tfstudiopl,

I am sure you will understand this is way out of our support scope and we did our best to help you out regarding this. We will not be able to help you more on this. We literally did the integration for you which itself is way outside of our support scope.

On the case, you mentioned this is something related to the font. This might be the font itself which is not showing the case correctly and is related to the encoding. I did a Google Search for you which you can start your research on the specific font which you are using but outside of this, we will not be able to help you anymore.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ok, thank you for your time.
I appreciate your work and efforts.