Theme options not loading

Hey! my “theme options” isn’t loading. When I click on it is just gets stuck on the loading circle.

I disabled all my plugins and still nothing…

Hello @morrmeroz,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey! I did all of that, these are the errors I’m getting when loading the page:

Hi @morrmeroz,

Would you mind providing the site URL that has this issue? And please provide the admin and CloudFlare login credentials in a secure note. I checked your sites in your account and they are served from CloudFlare and RocketLoader.

For the meantime, make sure your CF Rocket loader is disabled.

Then make sure CSS and JS minification are disabled

Then purge the caches from your CF again and test it.

Thanks!

here it is:

Hi There @morrmeroz

I have tried to login to your WordPress backend, but it seems that your login credentials are invalid.

Could you please confirm with the correct information, so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thanks!

hmmm I just tried logging it with it by copying and pasting and it worked. Make sure you use this url to log in:
https://www.bloopanimation.com/itsmecharlie

Hi Morr,

Thanks for the credentials, yes it works but CloudFlare requires Authentication Token (send to your email)

Please login to your CF dashboard (not on the WP Rocket plugin) and do the suggestion provided here.

I also notice that you have Kinsta Cache, please purge that as well and all other site’s caching features.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I did the suggestion provided as well as cleared out Kinsta’s cache…

Hi Morr,

Unfortunately, the Token is not working as my IP address is different. Would you please disable the CloudFlare completely and also clear the WP Rocket cache and disable that plugin.

The problem that I see in the unauthorized 401 error which is completely related to the hosting service and the CloudFlare.

I also suggest that you contact your hosting service provider and ask them to add an exception to the mod_security for the URL that I added as a secure note.

Finally please also disable the other cache plugin that you have and purge the cache.

This is a problem related to the environment that you have and the cache plugins that you installed and not the core feature of the theme as we use the theme with no problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Here’s what I’ve learned from the hosting company:

"I’m seeing the following in the browser console:

It sounds like the theme is trying to authorize that you have access to load the options (perhaps communicating back with the theme author’s site) and returning an authorization failure. This might have something to do with the fact that the theme is loading from a new IP address after the migration.

I recommend contacting the theme developer and showing them the above screenshot and letting them know you recently migrated your site."

Hi @morrmeroz,

How did you migrate your site? Because if that’s the case, then the migration is the cause and not the theme. The theme and its permissions are only limited to what the system gave to it. It has no access to IP restriction. If it’s not accepted or denied then there is no workaround since it’s the system that is affecting it. Perhaps you can remigrate it using ALL IN ONE MIGRATION plugin? That should safely migrate the serialized data including URLs.

I’ll also continue troubleshooting, I set your CF to development mode for now.

For the meantime, please try resetting your permissions in Admin > X > Settings > Administrator > Macros and select Reset To Default. Then apply and update it. I couldn’t do it since it’s live site and may affect your other settings.

Thanks!

Yeah that did it (: thanks!

Hi, I’m also having this same issue. No changes have been made to the site recently other than updating X to the most recent version. WP core is also fully up to date, but suddenly loading the X options just gets the circular animation and it never loads.

I’ve tried the reset macros to default and that hasn’t fixed it. The site is hosted on Flywheel so there’s no access to .htaccess, but X has been working fine on Flywheel’s hosting up until today (or possibly the most recent update of X, which i believe was performed in the last week, when i logged in today there was a notice from X saying it had been updated)

Hi Marissa,

Thank you for writing in, is this the site you’re working on? I check that site and the X (6.0.2) and Cornerstone (3.0.2) is not updated. You can see what is the latest version release here.

Please update both your X and Cornerstone to the latest version.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue still persists, please create your own thread and provide us login credentials in a “secure note”.

How To Get Support

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.