Theme Options and Cornerstone rendering differently on two different sites

This is a weird one. Here is Theme Options on site one (trademarkfilms.co.uk):

And here is Theme Options on site two (manifest-nirvana.com):

Same browser, same version of X and Cornerstone. Looks like site two is rendering correctly, the first one looks wrong to me. It has the same rendering issue on the Global Blocks and Cornerstone pages, everything is in ultra-bold blocky text.

Site one was updated from 6.5.6, site two is a completely fresh install. Does this point to a potential problem with the X install on site one?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out.

Perpahs it’s the beta7_1_0-RC1 which the display is still inconsistent. But I compared to my installation, the first one is correct. Would you mind providing the login credentials in the secure note on both site?

Thanks!

@Rad

See above - I have edited my first post to include login credentials for both sites.

Many thanks!

Hey Michael,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked both of your setups and the one that has bold fonts in the Theme Options is the beta version you’ve installed and in this release the builders use system fonts to avoid loading additional resources, allowing for faster startup times. This is for the Performance Optimization. To learn more about the changes and features please see https://theme.co/changelog/

Hope this helps!

@Rad @Nabeel

That is weird. I didn’t consciously install the beta, I just auto updated from 6.5.6. Is this what should have happened with an auto update?

As far as I was aware, I was updating to 7.0.4 - that’s what the auto update offered.

Hey Michael,

You might have something added in your wp-config.php file that has enabled the beta updates. You can check the file and remove the code related to updates then you can manually install X and Cornerstone to the non beta versions. You can review the update guide for manual installation of the theme and plugins here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Hope this helps!

@Nabeel I haven’t made any alterations to the file, so I’m not sure how it could have happened.

Could you tell me what to look for in wp-config.php? I opened the file and couldn’t find anything that looks unusual in comparison to other wp-config files.

Thanks!

@Rad @Nabeel

I have now got the X installation (and Cornerstone) back to their non-beta versions. However, something very weird is happening.

Please take a look at the Work section on https://trademarkfilms.co.uk

All of the featured images have disappeared, and when I try and restore them it makes no difference at all. No matter how many times I add the image back, it does not display. Example:

I have Ben Ryan’s full width parallax modification installed (https://benryan.com.au/themeco-full-width-parallax-featured-image/), and I have checked the files and all the css - it should be working fine. And it WAS working fine before I restored 7.0.4 back from the beta version.

How the beta version got installed via auto updates in the first place is a complete mystery. As far as I was aware, I was updating to 7.0.4. Could you please take a look for me to see what’s going on with my featured images?

Many thanks!

Hi Michael,

About the beta versions, please check it here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/become-a-beta-tester/2547 and this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/about-the-beta-category/2307. You can remove that line from your site’s wp-config.php to disable beta updates.

About the background as featured image, it’s due to the custom code. Example, this part

background-image:url(<?php the_post_thumbnail_url(full); ?>)

should be this

background-image:url(<?php the_post_thumbnail_url(’full’); ?>)

Else it will trigger this,

Use of undefined constant full - assumed 'full' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP

So please edit those templates and correct them. This isn’t related to the theme so we can’t cover any future issues related to it, especially if it’s due to coding issue.

Thanks!

@Rad - many thanks for the solution to the coding issue, it solved the problem. This must be a recent change as the modification has always worked until now.

Re the beta issue, I am not signed up as a beta tester, and when I try to click on that topic I get this:

Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!

I have not altered the wp-config.php file in any way whatsoever. I am completely serious when I say that I have no idea how or why the beta version became installed!

There must be another explanation for the issue?

Hi Michael,

As far as I know, there are couple of ways to get the beta / release candidate versions:

1. To download a pre release version, head to your dashboard and look for the additional download link under each product. They will only appear during a beta testing period. After the release is official, the links will go away.
  1. You can also get them via automatic updates by adding this to wp-config.php. This should only be done on development or staging sites, and never production sites.

The automatic update to beta / release candidate versions can only be done after adding the code in wp-config.php file, there is no other way to enable it. Can you please provide the FTP credentials as well using the Secure Note functionality of the post so we can take a closer look at your setup?

Thanks!

On the dashboard when downloading the 3.0.4 i got the beta / RC, how this is possible ?

@Nabeel please see my first post for the dashboard login details of trademarkfilms.co.uk, for the FTP credentials please below:

Hey @popoche and @outpost33,

There was a glitch in our update system which is now fixed. Now automatic update should update the X / Pro and Cornerstone correctly to the non-beta versions.

Thanks!

@Nabeel thanks for the info, good to know I’m not going crazy!

Thanks for the info, good to know its fixed :slight_smile:

Glad to be of help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.