Theme Option selections are not saving

Hi,

Please also see this ticket for similar issue: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/unable-to-turn-off-uppercase-for-nav/35540/2

It seems like footer options - Footer Menu & Footer Social are also not saving. Turn them off - no change on screen (can still see Assign A Menu in footer), Save - refresh - Options are enabled again?

Please see ticket linked above for login details to the site.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

I’ve checked your website and I can see the Social Links in the footer is working fine as per this screencast:

For the “Assign a menu” issue, it will only appear of you haven’t set a menu or created any menu for your site. Please go to Appearance > Menus and create your menus. If you already did, please assign it as your primary or footer menu. This should display the menu in the header or the footer.

If you do not want to display any menu, please go to Appearance > Menus again and create an empty menu, a menu with no menu items. You can then assign this the primary menu or the footer menu. This should remove “Assign a menu” message and leave the menu area as just an empty space.

Thanks.

Hi,

I think you may be mis-understanding.

The following settings in theme options are not working - if you switch them off and save, then refresh the screen they appear as on again.

Theme Options > Footer > Footer Menu
Theme Options > Footer > Footer Social
Theme Options > Header > Links Text > Uppercase

Your solution of creating an empty menu might be a workaround - but it is not a solution. I want to be able to turn the footer menu off - so it doesn’t show, doesn’t leave a blank area.

These options are not working as they should.

Please escalate this issue as none of the responses so far to either this case, or my other open, related case have actually addressed the undelying issue.

Thanks

Mark

Hi,

Further to my previous post, I am able to replicate these issues with theme options not saving/taking effect on other sites having updated to X 6.1.6 & CS 3.1.6

I hope you are able to confirm the issue and log it as a bug.

Thanks

Mark

Hi,

Further to my previous post, I am able to replicate these issues with theme options not saving/taking effect on other sites having updated to X 6.1.6 & CS 3.1.6 - these sites are running validated licenses.

I can confirm this issue does not happen in CS 3.0.4.

I hope you are able to confirm the issue and log it as a bug.

Thanks

Mark

Related post: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/theme-option-selections-are-not-saving/35549/4

Hi Mark,

I can’t replicate the issue with turning off the Footer Menu it works on my end, this could be related to your navbar upper case issue, I can’t say this is a bug because we can’t replicate the issue on our dev sites.

I solved your navbar uppercase issue here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Thank you for taking time to look at my two related issues. Apologies for my bad CSS - I added that to manually fix the uppercase problem . . . sorry it was mis-formatted :confused: my bad.

Also, it seems like the Footer Menu option is now turned off? Maybe it was this incorrect CSS causing all the issues?

Thank you for help resolving this problem. It’s not something I’ve encountered before, but useful to know that invalid CSS/formatting issues could potentially cause this kind of issue.

However, sadly the issue still remains with Header > Breadcrumbs - as before I can’t turn it off - it does now change in customiser and appears to save. But when I revisit the site the breadcrumb is still there - and going back in to customiser it is turned on again. I’ve tried clearing the style cache and have server caching (Litespeed) disabled via the WP plugin.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

I remembered that we had a bug if you exported the theme options from an old version and imported to the new version. I wonder if that was the case?

If that is the case, unfortunately, there is no way to turn off the breadcrumbs and you will need to do it by a CSS code. Please add the CSS code below to X > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-breadcrumbs {
    display: none;
}

Also, you need to make sure that you clear your browser cache and the WordPress cache plugin that you have. I remember that most of the time the cache is the main problem and you will need to make sure that you clear the cache from the plugin and also you have no cache on your server.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.