Theme not working with Epic News Elements plugin

I’m wanting to change my theme over to pro, but there are some conflicts with the Epic News Elements plugin (from Code Canyon/Elements.envato).

When using the ticker on that plugin, it only shows the first item, and also in admin, when using the options, many of the options are no longer available, just not tickbox or drop-down.

I’ve tested it with various other themes, and all of them work without a problem, so there must be something blocking it, and I’m hoping you’ll have an idea so that I can use the Pro theme.

Thanks.

Hello @Moonworks,

Thank you for the details. Please be advised that we haven’t been able to test the mentioned plugin with Pro theme. There might be conflict or issues between this two. We would love to check it out. Maybe it just a setting or tweak to resolve your issue. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

I’ve added that above.

I also wanted to ask if there was a way to play around with the single post pages, to make them look different to the basic page?

Hello @Moonworks,

I have logged in and investigated the issue. I can confirm that the Epic News Element plugin is not working with the theme. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. Once they’ll have it fixed, it will be updated and rolled out in the next release update cycle.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for taking a look and adding it to the issue tracker.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Hello @Moonworks

I hope you’ve been doing well. I sent you an email, but wanted to reply here as well. We’d like to investigate this issue a bit more and I wanted to ask permission to see what’s going on with your site - I know you shared logins but it’s been several weeks so I wanted to touch base with you before proceeding.

Just let us know when you have time. Thank you!