Theme installed on fresh Wordpress deployment not showing changes to pages & Cornerstone also not working

I cannot edit pages with text, visual editor, or with Cornerstone. I can save changes but they do not show up. Changing the theme away from X fixes this.

The wp-config.php file already has memory expanded.

Fresh installation. No conflicting plugins. Only thing installed is Cornerstone.

Also, everything is updated.

Hi there,

Please follow the steps below:

1. I know you said everything is updated but we have a new release so I want to make sure you use X version 6.0.4 and Cornerstone version 3.0.4
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Install the WP-serverinfo plugin and go to Dashboard > WP Server Info menu and give us a screenshot of the information.

If you still have the problem kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello There,

I have investigated the issue and I can confirmed that the issue exist. Upon taking a closer look, I noticed that there is a foreign code in your theme’s functions.php file. Did you add anything in the code? This code seems to be a malicious code: https://pastebin.com/d79dDJ8j

Please have your installation scanned and removed any malicious code. Your server or root directory might have been infected with a malware.

Just as I suspected, you are infected with a malware: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/musicmademedia.com/

Please delete these files that were infected or ask further assistance from your host to resolve this malware issue before we can continue trouble your X theme. This malware may even the culprit of all of this.

Please let us know how it goes.

I have reinstalled Wordpress, confirmed using the same scan that there is no malware any longer, and the X Theme/Cornerstone still do not work.

Hey There,

Please re install X theme and Cornerstone as well. There might be some files that were corrupted and affected by the malware. It was added in the theme functions.php file. Other files might have been infected too.

You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install X.

Please let us know how it goes.

I did reinstall it. A consequence of removing WordPress includes wp-content/themes being removed. I had to manually upload x.zip I downloaded from my account here on theme.co just now.

Everything is fresh. There is no trace of the previous site. There is no malicious code in functions.php. The only thing that is similar is the database which houses no malicious tables or column entries.

Hello There,

Would you mind providing us the url of your ftp login credentials so we can take a closer look and investigate further?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

Here we go

Hey There,

The given ftp details is not for the current FTP installation. Please make sure that we can check the theme files in your WP installations so that we can investigate.

Thanks.

My apologies, I’ve changed the home directory of your user and confirmed you have access to public_html using FileZilla on my end. Give it a shot now.

Thanks for the patience.

Hi There,

It seems that you’re using Bluehost as your hosting provider. Could you please try increasing your PHP max script execution time to 120 or a higher value through your hosting control panel and see if that helps.

Also try switching to a different PHP version like v7.1.x or v5.6.x if possible.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

PHP version: 5.6.30

Max execution time has been set to 300.

It still does not work. In fact, now Cornerstone will not load at all when I click on the Edit button next to a page.

Text editing and visual editor still do not work either.

Only the X theme. Other themes work fine.

Hey @alloyux,

Your host is blocking cornerstone-endpoint. Please contact them to whitelist it in Mod Security.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.