The spacing ( padding ) is driving me nuts!

Hi there. I used the demo content as my frront page. However after creating a new page. It seems to be smaller. adding a new section doesnt cover the entire web page like in the demo. please help me. Pictures are attached for better understanding of what i mean.

I want my web page looking like in the demo. How do i fill the excess spaces in my web page drawn in red.

Hi there,

To make sure that there are he’s a pilot no Environmental problems kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

After that make sure that you go to X > Launch > Options > Layout and Design and set the contact weeks properly.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login information. I checked the webpage in question and the problem seems to be the way that demo page is added. That page used to Classic sections and not the new sections, so I suggested you follow the same path.

Whenever you want to add a section on that specific page, click on the layout tab and then hold the command key on Mac or control key on Windows to be able to add a classic section:

After that expand that classic section and click on the magnifying glass of the row:

Turn off the column container and turn on the margin list column options:

That will remove the padding you were mentioning. I added a sample alert element at the end of the page.

Thank you.

i cant find the marginless column box. when i add section on my front page http://www.lsyhardware.com/x/#/content/671/inspector. The column box automatically fills up the entire webpage. however when im in the contact us page. it doesnt work the same way. i tried adjusting the padding and margin but there is no change.

Hi there,

That is whole another story. If you go to X > Launch > Options > Layout And Design you will see that you set the website to have sidebars:

Although you did not assign any widgets to the sidebar, the system things you have a sidebar, that is why you see the padding on the contact page.

You will need to change that behavior from the X > Launch > Options > Layout and Design, or you can go to the Page Template section of the contact page and change it from the default template to Header and Footer with the container or without a container to have no sidebars that specific page:

That will override the default options and your contact page will not have a sidebar and that will change the padding you have mentioned.

Thank you.

thanks alot for your help. you’re a life saver.

Glad to hear we managed to help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.