The site is experiencing technical difficulties - Cannot find similar problem on forum search

I’m using X Theme Pro to manage my page, and I am running 2.5.5. When I click the Pro button on the left side, I do get plugin info, including that it’s set to automatically update. When I click Settings, I can see that Headers, Pages, Footers, Themes, and a whole lot more are turned “On” for Administrator, and I am an Administrator.

But, when I try to click “edit with pro” on any page, I get a nondescript site reading only, “The site is experiencing technical difficulties.”

I get the same thing if I try going to my url /pro folder in the browser, and that is the folder I can see is set in Pro’s settings.

Where do I even begin to track this problem down?

Hey Alicia,

You can login through FTP then edit the wp-config.php file and find the line: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );. Set it to true then save the file. Log back in the admin area and you should be able to see some more error information when you redo the steps you are having issues with.

If you are getting an error message that suggests: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxx bytes exhausted, it means that you need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.