The preview was unresponsive after loading.This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing

I am getting this error: “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing” when I try to edit my Home page with Pro.

I have tried the suggestions from similar posts but I still get an error.

Hello @lahaops,

Thanks for asking.

Please try out following solutions to the plugin conflict or cache error you are getting and let us know the outcome:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

I have tried these suggestions as well I still get the same error. I added a secure note with the login credentials.

Hi David,

Thanks, but we can not access your site, it redirects to a weird address (see screenshot), please clarify how we can access the site.

Cheers!

Try it again. We have IP restrictions on the admin console.

Hi David,

Our staff located in different countries, so could you please disable your IP restriction temporarily till we investigate your issue.

Thanks!

Unless your IPs originate from Vietnam or China you should be able to access the site. Make sure to clear your cache.

Hi David,

I was able to login now. Upon checking, I was able to load the content builder without any issues (see secure note). Could you please try clearing your server cache and also clear your browser cache before testing it again.

Further I see that your PHP memory limit is set to 266MB. If you have tried the above provided guide to increase it, then you will need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to update it for you.

Thanks!

The issue is with the homepage not the smaller internal pages and I have already set the limit up to 512 and set it back down when the setting did not work.

I changed it back to 512 so you can verify for yourself. The issue is with the homepage.

Hi David,

After some time investigating the issue, I found these following errors that might be causing it. But first please do not attempt to edit your page outside of Cornerstone or else you’ll lose the ability to edit that page back in Cornerstone, when I check your homepage it was defaulting to visual mode (see screenshot -1 below).

The first issue is with regards to FontAwesome, not only with PRO but with the fontawesome on Strong Testimonial plugin (see screenshot -2 below). The most common cause of receiving a 404 for Font Awesome is on a Microsoft IIS web server, IIS doesn’t enable the .woff or .woff2 mime type by default, so we’ll need to add some additional rules to the web.config for this.

Open up your web.config file (this is for IIS 7 or later) and add the following:

<remove fileExtension=".woff"/>
<mimeMap fileExtension=".woff" mimeType="application/x-font-woff" />
<remove fileExtension=".woff2"/>
<mimeMap fileExtension=".woff2" mimeType="application/x-font-woff" />

If you’re not comfortable doing this, please contact your hosting support to assist you on this matter.

Second, the cs-vendor.js and cs.js file are throwing an error (see screenshot-3), when I check this files, yours seems to have a lower size than it should be, so its either these files are cached/optimize or worst corrupted. I know that you don’t have a caching plugin, but is there any chance that there is a server-side caching? Please contact your hosting to confirm this as well. Re-install the PRO theme to make sure that you have a clean copy of it and none of the files are corrupted.

Third, I notice that you have this Cornerstone La Hacienda Extension plugins, this seems to be a 3rd party Cornerstone add-ons, it could be the culprit of the issue, would you mind to deactivate this and clear any caching feature the site might have.

Let us know how it goes,
Thanks,

I made the change for the .woff and .woff2. Same error.

I confirmed server-side caching was turned off and re-installed Pro. Same error.

I have alredy deactivated every plugin on the site. Same error.

I can reload the default home page for the renew stack and get the same error on that page as well.

Do you have any other ideas?

We updated the PHP to 7.2 from 5.6 and it corrected the issue.

Thank you for your help.

You’re welcome. Glad we could help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.