The preview was unresponsive after loading issue. When is this going to be fixed?

I love the X-theme to bits, I really really do.

However in the last 6 months or so there has been an issue every-time I load cornerstone. It happens on MANY different web hosting servers and with many different clients.

Finally I had got a client who is very angry with me for building there site on a “buggy” theme.

Two things happen. One cornerstone loads but only shows the header/footer like the image below

The second thing that happens is a unresponsive error. Like this image below

Now what I want to ask is… is there a work around for this on installation of the X-theme? Because it is happening on every install for many different clients.

Hello @mickster58,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I am really really sorry for the problem’s you are facing with X Theme and Cornerstone. The issue can be coming because of multiple reasons and most common one being use of old version of X and Cornerstone, plugin conflicts, availability of limited memory and hosting related issues.

I do acknowledge the fact that it’s difficult for Clients when things are not working in the same order as they are supposed too. I would also like to share our development roadmap article with we have published wherein we have listed out the issues (broadly this is going to be a maintenance release) our developer are focusing on and a tentative release plan.

Few things you can try out to see if it resolves the problem you are facing:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  • Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

@mickster58 If the problems are still there kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case. Along with that please give us the permission to troubleshoot. Please note that you might see some temporary glitches in the website while we are working to resolve the problem you are facing.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response and advice given…

I hope you guys can get this sorted soon, it seems to happen on some web hosting servers and not some.

It runs fine on my local dev server but when developing online I get errors.

Best of luck getting it fixed… X is seriously becoming to greatest wordpress theme out there… so 1 small error like this should not give it a bad name.

Cheers.

Hi there,

Yes, it happens on some hosting. Next update will contain some performance improvement, but it’s not a universal fix since hosing environment has contributions to performance too, it could be bad or good. Let’s see what happens after the performance upgrade. As for now, I can’t tell if this is builder issue or host related issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Prasant

Before starting a new topic with this issue, I decided to read through the forum. I am having the same issues since I updated the theme and cornerstone. I try every possible test in your recommendations and still having the issues with the preview “The preview was unresponsive after loading”. The content will disappear if I click “Try Again” so I reload the page instead to not lose the content. Also I noticed the following error when I click X - Edit Page

The error comes from /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js.

Also having the same error with WARNING: Binding style attributes may introduce cross-site scripting vulnerabilities; please ensure that values being bound are properly escaped. For more information, including how to disable this warning and I increased the php limit and checked the server with the plugin version, also followed the guidelines for updates.

I don’t know if the issue has to do with the fact that the content was build in the old cornerstone and this creates some kind of conflict when is being edited with the new one. If there is any extra info I can provide, please let me know because I want to resolve this issue as well before upgrading the production environment to the latest versions of the theme and cornerstone. I am testing this locally and in a nginx/1.10.3 and v7.0.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 environment.

Hi @Thompson,

Thanks for writing sharing us more info.

In this case, this is quite a conflict and it is isolated. I will forward this thread to our developer so that they could look on it.

Thank you so much for understanding.

1 Like

This is driving me mad. Editing with Cornerstone is becoming completely unusable.

I’ve deactivated every plugin and upped the PHP limits. Still getting the error message even though the preview has loaded in the background.

Can you put a [Close] on the error box?

What options am I left with, please?

Update: Host (Clook) have upped all PHP limits and still not loading. So not a hosting issue.

Hey @carlduncker,

Have you followed all of the troubleshooting suggestions posted by @Prasant previously in this thread? If you did all that, please open a separate thread and give us WP Admin and FTP credentials in a Secure Note. Also post a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks.

@christian_y In this case based in my reply, should I open a new topic explaining the issue again? for what I have seen, there is multiple people with the same issue. Let me know if there is gonna be an update for everybody or should we try to resolve it somehow. Thanks ahead.

Hey @Thompson,

The troubleshooting steps provided in this thread will solve most of the issues. But, if the issue persists after you’ve followed it, we would need to login to your site to check further. For that, you will need to create a separate thread and give us WP admin and FTP access in a Secure Note in order to keep sensitive information private because the original poster of this thread will see private notes.

There’s no update for everybody because hosting environments differ in setup and limitations. This is why we need to check individually if the general troubleshooting steps would not suffice.

You also don’t have to explain again. Just post a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.