The preview was unresponsive after loading... Cornerstone nightmare!

We’re getting never-ending problems at the moment with the dreaded “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.” message when loading Cornerstone.

We run a WP Multisite instance from Cloudways and current use their Breeze cache plugin and varnish enabled on the server with exceptions added in both for the “/x/” path in an effort to fix the issue.

Please help in getting to the bottom of this as we’re now effectively unable to update content across all our client sites. I have seen a number of other threads and troubleshooting reference for this error however none of this seems to have helped thus far.

Chris

Hey Chris,

The error message suggests that it could be a plugin conflict or caused by caching. I have read that you have tried the troubleshooting procedures. In this case, please give us WP Admin, network admin and FTP access in a Secure Note. We will run through the troubleshooting procedure again to double check. If that could not be done in your live site, please copy your site to a staging server and we will test there.

Thanks.

Secure note added - really appreciate your help guys. Will be a huge relief to have this fixed!

Hi Chris,

Upon checking, I can see the following errors in the console.

It’s hard to pinpoint what is causing the issue with 28 plugins active.

Can you confirm if you have tried testing for plugin conflict. Deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.