The preview was unresponsive after loading.....ARRRR

This ongoing error is now beyond a joke.

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

I now get this all day every day on every page of my website. I’ve spent months developing a site and now it seems I might need to start from scratch as Pro seems to have a major issue. Can you please advice there is a solution?

I have this multiple sites, on different hosts and with different versions of Pro.

Thanks.

ps. It’s spelt caching, not cacheing.

Hello @theapricot,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

So, on point one, even though you pushed an update for Pro to Wordpress, you don’t support the update?

1. It’s Pro, not X, but did nothing.
  2. N/A
  3. Nope, no change
  4. Nope, still won’t load.

7 - Adding this

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

to wp-config.php

means the page loads sometimes instead of not at all, but still with no consistency.

hi there,

As mentioned by @Prasant in the previous post, can you please send us your login details in a secure note so that we can have a look.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

I’ll send that infiormation

Hi There,

I have disabled couple of your plugins (you can see recently active plugins) and then I was able to load the builder (see secure note).

Further I can see some console log errors as well. The below error is related to the Motopress hotel booking plugin.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

I would strongly suggest you to disable all of your 3rd party plugins, purge your server cache and re-test this issue again. Then you can activate your plugins one by one to see how it goes.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

It’s not loading for me. I had already tried what you suggest above. It made no difference. The 4 plugin you disabled were added after the issue had began, because this issue has been constant and ongoing. The Motopress plugin has not yet been fully set up, so that is the reason for that error.

This is so disappointing, as I have planned a number of sites with Pro, but this error making it unusable.

Hi,

It looks like you have moved or copied your site from another url.

I noticed that for new pages cornerstone builder works but not for the old pages.

Can you confirm if this is the case?

If that’s the case, you can try redoing the migration but this time follow our guide below.

Thanks

That is the case, but I also other pro sites that weren’t moved that have this issue. The site only had some basic development when it was moved from a Wordpress multisite to a single site. Since moving the site is now almost ready to launch and this issue has only started recently and continued to get worse and worse. So, it is not possible to move it again and I doubt that causes this issue.

Hello There,

There might be a CORS issue in your site. Could you please disable first the MotoPress plugin so that we can investigate? In most cases, there is a need to update the urls. You can do a search and replace, searching for the old url and replace it with the new url.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.