The preview could not load. Error given after uplaoded theme

I realize this has been discussed many times but I have a clean new cite without any extra plugins. I am trying to build a new site. I do have the old one waiting for me move over content. Can someone help me. I am very new at this.

“The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.”

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and can see that you are not working X Theme or Cornerstone. However, I can see Visual composer on the website. Can you please confirm as the issue falls outside the scope of support we can offer as you are not using any of our products.

In the meantime, please try out following solution:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thanks.

Prasant;
Thank you for your quick reply and for looking at the site. What you saw is the ‘old’ site I had it redirected while I build a new one with the X-theme. I inherited the old site and felt it was best to start over. I have a separate hidden site that shows this:

I increase the php limit.

Hi Lisa,

How we can access the new site? because it always redirects to /old-restored/ whenever we try.

Do you have any caching features on your new site? If so, please Clear and Deactivate it, and see if that resolves the issue.

If that did not work, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

I cleared cache and I have provided you with the login credentials. Thank you for your help.
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I checked and it’s all because of mixed configuration between your current site and /old-restored/. Could you try installing a Better Search Replace plugin and replace the strings I’ll provide in secure note.

Please make sure to back up your site first.

Thanks!

Is there another way? I want to old site up while I build the new one. That seem like I am going backwards.

Hi Lisa,

You need to properly migrate your site from your old site, inorder to function it correctly after migration. Please follow our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126).

Thanks!

Hi;

I do not see how that is different than what we have already done. Can you help me to understand?

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I’m not sure how that is going to affect your old site. Rad’s instruction was only to properly setup your new site because it’s using data of the old site. You can still run your old site because it’s separate from your new site.

Upon checking, I see that Cornerstone works in your new site. Looks like the issue was resolved?

Thanks.

Hi
I do not want to migrate the old site. I currently have two website on my domain but only the old site is visible. I am working on the new site on a different path until it is complete. Only then will I replace the old site. Both websites are at the same domain which I believe is causing the confusion.
Lisa

It is not resolved.

This is what I see when I go to Theme options:

Hi Lisa,

You don’t have to migrate your old site, the instruction was just about fixing your current site since it still uses the URL of the old site (Mixed content errors). I still see the same error on Theme Options, could you try my recommendation first?

Thanks!

I cannot get this to work! I have waisted so much time and feel like you are not helping. How do I get a refund?

Hi Lisa,

We have to do it one at a time, and the first thing to do is fixing the issue we’re seeing. I only recommended fixing the URL configuration of your site and again, it is not related to migration. That is because it’s still configured to the old URL, and it’s even related to the theme or builder related, but it just affecting them as it still loads the preview from old URL.

And even if you install a plugin or another theme but still relies to the correct URL, then it will still the same if you have misconfigured URL. I like to take screenshots so I could show you what I’m really referring but looks like the login credentials are now changed.

I’m just requesting a URL fix as our first step, and it’s easy to do :slight_smile: , please check this https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/, it’s displayed on screenshot and no complex steps.

This is also to help you troubleshoot your site and for future issues. And I love to find out the root cause of this issue, but currently, I can’t recommend anything that will solve it in instant since my investigation is just based on the visible errors that I could see. Fixing the URLs is just one of many possible steps, and it’s the first.

Thanks!

I tried that and then deleted everything off the host and installed only one new site with the X|Theme and it still did not work.

Hi Lisa,

I checked and the old-restored url and the directory no longer exist.
I then checked your main site and it’s not using Xtheme.

In case you want to create a new site again please follow step by step instructions below.

Thanks

Paul there is not old-restored! As I stated above I got rid of it and as I could not USE the X|Theme. When I put the new site up I deleted Xtheme AS IT STILL WAS giving me an error. I have asked for a refund. If you can get it to work that would be fabulous but at this point I feel like there are TOO many of you trying to help and none of you really are understanding the issue nor realizing what I have already done.
Thanks

Hi Lisa,

Since you are using xtheme, you may request a refund in themeforest - http://themeforest.net/refund_requests/new

Reading through the thread, I believe that this is just a misconfiguration. We wanted to help but we have nothing to work on as the sites have been deleted already or not using xtheme anymore.

If you still wanted to use xtheme, please create a staging site and install xtheme so we can investigate why it is not working.

Thanks