The Grid > Version 2.6.17

Hello Team,

Struggling with a fresh install of X - but The Grid Extension is not the most current and giving us issues.
On other sites it’s working fine as Version 2.6.17 but for some reason the new site is Version 2.7.2.

I tried the work around here:

But that did not provide any actionable update.
A little assistance please :pray:

Hi @deedesign,

The latest supported version of The Grid with X is 2.7.2. This version have been tested and should compatible with the latest version of X.

You can find the latest supported version of the plugins here:

As for the issue you are currently getting, would you mind providing more details about the issue so that we can provide some suggestions?

For the meantime, try to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Thank you for the tips so far… the issue is with the instagram media source setting from The Grid, it’s giving an error “No content was found for the current ursername(s) and/or hashtag(s).”

But I assure you that the username is correct and correctly entered. This error is not appearing in several other sites that have the exact settings (and I even tested the new/current username inside one of the sites that has The Grid working and it was successful) The plugin on all the sites that are working is Version 2.6.17 - can we download that from somewhere here to get this working again?

Thank you.

Hi @DeeDesign,

Although we can not replicate this issue on our end, we recognize that this is really an issue since this is happening across plugins and multiple users.

The Grid
Essential Grid
Instagram feed.

Instagram seems to made changes to its API and those plugins author needs to adopt on those changes. As we aren’t the developers of the plugins, unfortunately, we are not in the position to give any ETAs or promises. But we have a mean of communication with the developers which we will use to inform the developers that our customers are also affected.

Regretfully we can not provide a copy of The Grid v2.6.17, what you can do is copy/download The Grid v2.6.17 on your other site via cPanel’s File Manager and upload that to your new site. But this is no guarantee that this will resolve the issue as the issue is on the Instagram side.

Thanks,

Thank you - I will try moving over the plugin folder as suggested.

Will Theme Co be in touch with The Grid to share these findings and request action or do we just wait for them to catch up?

It seems too easy to blame Instagram… because it’s working great for previous version of the plugin.

Hello @DeeDesign,

We will communicate with the creators of the plugin so that they can investigate this issue further. This could be a bug or something in the API changes of Instagram. We will have to wait for the result of the investigation of the developers of the plugin.

Please bear with us.

I did complete a new install of the 2.6.17 on the new site and had the same error.

This is a fundamental request of our new design client - and one of the reasons we purchased a new X License. Will you let me know here when there is an update?

Please and thank you

Hi Team how do we get access to the updated “The Grid” v2.7.3. plugin (with the instagram fix) please.

“Theme-one Author - 5 days ago
Hello,
You should try to update the plugin to the last version v2.7.3. It should fix your issue.
Could you please open a ticket on the support forum for any issue or question. You can renew your support period directly on this product page. Thank you for your understanding.
Themeone”

Hi @deedesign,

The version 2.7.3 is already available now and you can download it from Pro/X > Validation menu. To check the latest available version please visit our Version Compatibility page.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for the update.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.