The Grid Twitter Feed Issues

Hi,

Ive been trying to get my twitter feed on The Grid with no success. I’d done the API with the secret consumer keys etc and it wont show my feed?

Ive been through YouTube and apex and cant seem to find very much to help with this.

Thanks for your time.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for writing in!

Please make sure that the version of the plugin installed is compatible with the latest version of theme.

Then try to re generate Consumer Key & Secret again

You might want to review the docs

https://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/

If that doesn’t help kindly provide us your admin login in Secure Note

Thanks

Hi Michael,

Thank you for providing your login credentials

I tried in my test site with sane twitter credentials and it works on my end.

Please do the following

1. Try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time

2. Try reintalling The Gird plugin. Deactivate and delete it from plugins page then install it back via X > Validation

Thanks

Amazing, thank you very much!!!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Hey,

I did as you recommended this weekend and didnt have any luck, unfortunately since then ive started having issues with the Grid plugin. The two sliders that i had made for the home page no longer work, ive deleted and redone them numerous times and cant seem to fix it. Ill leave them numbered as 1 and 2. If you happen to have the time to look at it i’d be very grateful! Im no longer able to see each page in the slide instead i just get one image its not the correct size or displaying the information correctly. It seems to allow everything to go on top of each other?

Id like to add that ive updated the theme to the latest version too.

Thank you

michael

Hi Michael,

Please open up a separate thread about the slider problem that you are experiencing and give us detailed information and screenshots there as it seems to be a separate issue.

Now regarding the Twitter feed: I asked one of my colleagues and also I myself did a test regarding this and it is working with no problem in both installation of mine and my colleagues and The Grid shows our Twitter feed.

There indeed must be a conflict of some kind on your installation or the way you add the twitter feed. You did not say if you followed the recommendations that my colleague gave regarding the plugin conflict and secret key recreation.

Please remember what did you do that caused such problems? give us more details that might help us identify the possible problem.

The only thing that we can suggest at the moment is:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I will do as you advise tonight!

Michael

Thank you.

Hi again,

So going through your list and ive done everything on it apart from the PHP memory limit. I dont know what CDN is so im going to guess thats thats not it and i dont have any custom CSS or Javascript mainly because i havent learnt to do that yet.

I uninstalled all the 3rd party plugins and redid the grid twitter feed and had no luck with it.

I’ll open a new thread about the Grid slider issue now.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Some hosts do not allow to change PHP memory limit manually. If you want to check your current server configurations, you can use this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/).

If you’re not using a CDN like CloudFlare on your site, you can ignore that point.

Also make sure that you’re running PHP v5.6.x or later on your server to avoid incompatibility issues. You can use the above plugin that I have mentioned (WP Serverinfo) to check those information.

Thanks!

PHP is 7.1.16 and i think i have to upgrade my plan with the host servers to increase the memory! I think im going to leave it for now, i dont really understand what im doing so ill just pop and see a website designer when i have the chance!

Thank you for all the help, good news too… the slider issue with the Grid seems to have sorted itself out!

Glad that we could be of a help at least.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.